Deleted Cheque Transaction from Bank Register

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TracyL2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleted Cheque Transaction from Bank Register

Hi Champs

I've deleted a Cheque Transaction from the Bank Register in error, and of course when I go to Reconcile Accounts I'm OOB.

The transaction is one that was reconciled on 2 Jan 2020! 

I've checked the Reconcilation Report and now have an outstanding cheque amount of that amount that's OOB.

How do I put it back? Smiley Happy 

Can I record the transaction again as a SPEND MONEY item for that date or is there another way to fix?

Appreciate your help

Tracy

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Deleted Cheque Transaction from Bank Register

Hi @TracyL2 

I would recommend just re-entering the transaction as per normal. For example, if it was initially recorded via Spend Money just re-renter a Spend Money transaction, if it was a Pay Bill re-enter a Pay Bill.

The only thing that I could foreseeable being a potential issue would be the date of that transaction. In theory, you should be able to record that transaction. If you are able to, you could look at undoing all those reconciliations, reconciling that transaction with that reconciliation, and then re-reconciling up to that current point. Alternatively, just include that transaction in your next reconciliation.

If you are not able to enter that transaction with that older date, likely due to a financial year rollover, the recommendation would be to enter the transaction with a current date or the first date of the financial year. You would want to speak to your accounting advisor as to the implications of that account. Just include that transaction in your next reconciliation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

TracyL2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven for replying.

I thought that's what I would need to do, just haven't had the problem before!

Lesson learned - do not DELETE ha!

Anyway, I've entered with the date and it looks like it just needs to be reconciled now.

Can you reconcile that past month, or just wait and include it when I do March?

I think I just answered that in my head!

Enjoy your day

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @TracyL2 

You could look at undoing the previous reconciliation(s) then including that transaction and re-reconciling. If you do wish to undo a reconciliation select the Undo Reconciliation option in the Reconcile Accounts when that account is selected.

While not the best auditing way, the other way to deal with it is to use include that transaction in your next reconciliation i.e. when you next reconcile that account tick that include as part of your normal reconciliation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

TracyL2
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions