Edit transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IanEKNA
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Edit transactions

I need to edit the GST codes on some Spend Money transactions but they are uneditable. They are in the current financial year. They are not in a locked period. The option 'Transactions CAN't be changed, They must be reversed' is NOT ticked. So why won't it allow me to fix the GST codes?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Edit transactions

Hi @IanEKNA 

Generally speaking, provided a transaction is recorded in the current financial year and you have don't have Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed enabled you should be able to edit a transaction. 

If you are not able to edit that transaction, it is likely that there has been a secondary transaction done that includes that transaction. For your case, as it is a Spend Money, I would check to see if the Electronic Payment option (top of the Spend Money window) is enabled? If so, it would indicate that an electronic payment has been done that includes this Spend Money transaction. As a result that electronic payment transaction first needs to be deleted before you can edit the Spend Money transaction. Our Help Article: Making electronic payments with a bank file has information on finding and deleting that electronic payment transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

IanEKNA
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Edit transactions

Thank you Steven. You have correctly identified the problem - it's a Spend Money electronic payment.

I can't see any good reason why MYOB doesn't allow editing of job codes and tax codes on the payment, but I guess I'll have to work around that shortcoming.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post