Foreign exchange error with Ostendo

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Hayley_APC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Foreign exchange error with Ostendo

We use Ostendo over MYOB and lately have been getting an error when we post USD transactions in Ostendo and they transfer over to MYOB account right. I upgraded MYOB to 2020.3 thinking that might solve the issue but have just posted some payments and still getting the same issue. Our Ostendo support has advised it's not on their end so thought I'd try here. The journal entry comes over, but lists the transaction as VOID in our USD bank account. I've put a screen shot as an attachment. As you can see, it's reading all the correct information, currency, amount, customer etc, but lists it as VOID meaning the amount doesn't actually post into the bank account. pic.png

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Foreign exchange error with Ostendo

Hi @Hayley_APC 

Generally, a void transactional line(s) is created when a transaction debits and credits the same account. Without seeing the transaction and the journal behind that transaction (Edit>>Recap transaction or the Transaction Journal for that transaction (these may be different)) it is a little hard to actually investigate how that void is coming about. 

My recommendation, as the data is coming from a third party, is to enter the same transaction in the company file (without using the third-party application) and see whether you get that same situation. Should it occur it is likely due to the linked accounts not being set up as intended. If it's not occurring when entering manually, it likely indicates that the third-party is impacting a transactional line or amount on the transaction generating that account. I would imagine as its the bank account it would be the paid today field at a guess. However, at that point it's best to redirect back to the third-party.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Hayley_APC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It would appear the journal isn't converting to USD. See the attachment has been adjusted to USD so that the deposit shows up in the bank reco but when this comes over from Ostendo, the journal shows up in AUD and converts the amount to AUD which is why we believe it's showing up as VOID. Is there anyway to check why MYOB is converting the currency? 

1.png
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Hayley_APC 

I would assume that the third-party application is interacting with AccountRight through the AccountRight API. 

While the AccountRight API will allow the foreign currency fields to be read on a journal entry, you are not able to record foreign currency transactions through that API at this time. As such, those transactions will come through as local currency-based transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Hayley_APC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Steven,

Thank you. I will continue to adjust the currency manually in MYOB when I post these transactions then. Hopefully a future update will rectify this problem. 

Thanks, 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post