Incorrect credit card balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jspinks
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect credit card balance

We have just started the bank feeds for credit card.  It is set up as a  liability account, account type credit card

The problem we have is that we cannot get the bank feed window to balance, see attachment

So the balance of the credit card is  $9228.22, the actual opening balance before the feeds came through was 2117.37.   The balance sheet  report does show the correct balance for the credit card though

Not sure how to rectify this, 

Appreciate any help

Janette

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Incorrect credit card balance

Hi @jspinks 

Thanks for your post. In the Bank feeds window, the Bank statement figure is brought into your file from your bank with the bank feeds. The Your transactions figure is the balance of the transactions recorded in AccountRight.

In your screenshot the Bank statement figure is $0, which means that the balance hasn't been brought into the file from your bank. I can't see if there are bank feed transactions, however, the Bank statement figure will be updated when the balance is provided by your bank. Until that balance is provided by your bank there will be an out-of-balance in that window.

Having said that, the balances in that window are for reference only. You need to ensure that the account reconciles in the Reconcile accounts window.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post