Investment Property

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AmandaJ
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Investment Property

Hi, Hoping someone can help with regards to entering monthly transactions for a commercial investment property, details below.

Property purchased by a company (registered for GST) 

Property is tenanted and managed by an Agent. 

Receive monthly summary detailing income/outgoings. 

I just want to clarify that this is the correct way to record: enter income via Recieve Money - to include rent charged and any service costs ie owners corp, water, rates and a Spend Money for the corresponding outgoings ie owners corp, water, rates, agent fees etc, the difference of these being the income. Recording all with appropriate GST codes. 

Thanks in adavance,   

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Investment Property

Hi @AmandaJ 

Thanks for your post. From an AccountRight perspective you could enter either Spend/Receive Money transactions or Sales/Purchases transactions. That will depend on how you want to track and report those transactions. For example, Spend Money transactions won't appear in the Supplier card or in supplier reports.

I'd recommend speaking to your accountant about how to record those transactions to best suit your requirements. If you need help with the accounts and tax codes you will need to get that information from your accountant also.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post