29 Posts
Partner
Australia

29Posts

561Kudos

0Solutions

Jobs Profit & Loss Report - excel poor formatting

Hi Team,

We regularly run the Jobs P&L from ARPlus and export to excel.

Unfortunatley it exports to an un-useable spreadsheet where you can't filter jobs properly due to the bad layout.

Has anyone had any luck with a decent report or a way to easily pull it apart to re-do to a better format?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,248 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,248Posts

5,716Kudos

6,305Solutions

Re: Jobs Profit & Loss Report - excel poor formatting

Hi @Progressive 

When sending a report to Excel it is designed to be a direct copy of how the report appears on-screen in AccountRight. As such, the Job Profit & Loss Statement report sent to Excel will contain and appear similar to that of the AccountRight display of that report job.

If you are needing to filter that report by job you would be looking at doing that prior to sending the report to Excel or work through that additional filtering within Excel.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Progressive
Partner
29 Posts
Partner
Australia

29Posts

561Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Steven.

Yes I understand that. Though unfortunately the report merges key components into one column, therefore making the spreadsheet unuseable to filter.

Example: the Account Name column also has data for the job number, cost of sales, expenses and net profit.

The Selected period column also has the job description.

Can we please have this flagged for the developers to fix?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,248 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,248Posts

5,716Kudos

6,305Solutions

Hi @Progressive 

You may actually want to run the Job profit and loss comparison report in the browser interface of AccountRight. This report allows the Profit and Loss to be shown with jobs as different columns.  You can export this report to Excel:

Capture.PNG

In terms of getting a similar report in the Desktop application or an update to the Job Profit and Loss, to my knowledge, this is not an area that we are currently focused on with the desktop application.

It should also be noted that updating AccountRight Desktop's Jobs Profit & Loss Statement Excel report to have values separate into different columns would be treated as an enhancement. As the function is working as intended i.e. sending the information out to Excel as the same as the AccountRight report, there is nothing to fix.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post