Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB is too slow and and gets stuck for hours

MYOB is too slow.  It is been over two weeks and when you call I get no assistance.  I was advised they are aware of the issue and will fix ASAP.  

We have a business to run and we cannot stop work for weeks..  Processes get stuck halfway.  Reconciling a bank account takes hours instead of minutes.  Issuing invoices, processing wages, etc.

Can someone please advise the time frame for fixing the problem?  We are paying a subscription and cannot use the software.  This is not fair.

15 REPLIES 15
gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,478 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,478Posts

2,370Kudos

475Solutions

Re: MYOB is too slow and and gets stuck for hours

Hi @GO13 

I agree this is not fair on MYOB customers. Many often see a decline in performance after an update is installed.

See my post here about updating timeout extender and ensuring each new version installed is excluded from anti-virus/protection scans as this can slow the new update. Each update is treated as a separate file. With MYOB now rolling these out every month, I hope they find a way to prevent users needing to re-apply things like timeout extenders and exceptions to anti virus software, or atleast clearly remind users to do this.

Regards

Gavin

GO13
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

your suggestion did not work...  It made the system worse.  Now I cannot open any sale invoices....

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,478 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,478Posts

2,370Kudos

475Solutions

Hi @GO13 

Sorry to hear. Perhaps undo whatever changes you made. A poorly working system is better than one that is not working at all. Hope MYOB can resolve your issues.

Regards

Gavin

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,891 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,891Posts

1,002Kudos

1,240Solutions

Hi @GO13 

Sorry to hear that you're impacted by this. Our developers are currently investigating reports of performance issues and time out errors with AccountRight. Some users have found that taking your file offline then restoring it online has resolved this so may be worth a try. Make sure you do a back up before you try this.

If possible can I also get the following information from you:

• the last FOUR digits of your serial number
  • are there windows that are worse than others, eg, banking, payroll etc
  • what do you see when it is slow, eg, spinning wheel, error messages
  • is it all times of the day or at certain times
  • are there any other programmes running at the same time, eg anti virus

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JennBap
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am getting real......ly stressed out and frustrated.  It is EOM time and MYOB is terribly slow esp in reconciling bank account.  

@GO13 wrote:

MYOB is too slow.  It is been over two weeks and when you call I get no assistance.  I was advised they are aware of the issue and will fix ASAP.  

We have a business to run and we cannot stop work for weeks..  Processes get stuck halfway.  Reconciling a bank account takes hours instead of minutes.  Issuing invoices, processing wages, etc.

Can someone please advise the time frame for fixing the problem?  We are paying a subscription and cannot use the software.  This is not fair.

GO13
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

That does not make sense and is time consuming...  I have over 35 data files - 

GO13
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Several serial numbers and MYOB is slow at all times - Banking, issuing invoices, etc...

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,478 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,478Posts

2,370Kudos

475Solutions

Hi @GO13 and @Tracey_H 

I agree the wording of Tracey's post causes users to wonder what is actually meant, so a clearer statement would help - the bit I find 'odd' is the comment to 'make sure you have a backup before you try this'. 

How do you take your file offline and restore it without having backup?

Perhaps stating clearly that when you make a backup of your online file, this creates a re-indexed copy of your online file, often up to half the actual size of the online file. So making a backup and immediately restoring it online will replace the online file with a better copy of the file, and some users have found this to perform better than the original online file. 

It is not a case of using the file offline. And if you do make a backup, you 'have' a backup, so there is no need to 'ensure you have a backup before you try this'.

Perhaps there is a clearer way to say all thisSmiley Sad

Regards

Gavin

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,891 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,891Posts

1,002Kudos

1,240Solutions

Hi @GO13 and @JennBap 

If possible I would try taking your file offline and then restoring online as this has improved or resolved the issue for some users. I understand this may not be suitable for all users. In the meantime our developers are working to resolve this.

@gavin12345 You do need a backup to take a file offline and restore online, however, it can be any backup taken at anytime which is why I recommended that users do a backup before they try this. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post