Payroll access from the banking register

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tan1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll access from the banking register

Hi, 

Althought the user does not have access to payroll, they do have access to banking.

They can click on the banking register transaction that has all the payroll information via electronic banking - and see the net amounts paid to each employee.  They cannot click and the actual transaction to see gross and net but still this should not be able to occur, is there something I have missed in user preferences?  

Many thanks

Tanya

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll access from the banking register

Hi @Tan1 

User Access in AccountRight 20xx works on the principle that if the user has access to that window they can see all transactions and all features of that window. For example, if they have access to the sales window the user can see the customer, the customer balance, all the items... you are unable to restrict access to that user to only see certain information i.e. a series of customers or no balances...

In terms of payroll, you can restrict access to the payroll module and employees cards but if the user has access to say the Bank Register they can still see the transaction amount. However, if they do try to click into it to view more information they will be greeted with the information box indicating that their user role doesn't allow access. 

The only true way that I could think of to fully remove the user from having any access to payroll would be to restrict all of the following:

• Payroll Module
  • Employees Card
  • Bank Register
  • Prepare Electronic Payments
  • Transaction Journal
  • Find Transactions
  • Print Cheques
  • Reports - Accounts, Banking, Payroll, Card.
  • Import/Export Assistant
  • Time Billing>>Enter Timesheets

In most cases this may not be a feasible list but it would fully restrict access to that employee from seeing anything to do with payroll.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Tan1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll access from the banking register

Thanks so  much for the comprehensive reply.  This seems somewhat of a flaw in the program as its never good that any employee can see anothers pay amount, but they do need access to some of the other areas that I now have to restrict.  Thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post