Re: Match bank feed to multiple cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Paulcoops58
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I have a bank feed payment for multiple invoices for more than one company. I'm having trouble understanding how i process this. The payment is from Square pty ltd and take 2.2% off the invoice amounts and we have factored this into the invoiced amounts as a square processing fee. I need to know how to set up the payment, allocate this to the applicable invoices AND allow for the square 2.2% taken for the transactions

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Paulcoops58 

One way you could do this would be to receipt all of the different invoice payments into a clearing account. You could then record the payment of the fee from this clearing account before using a transfer money to move the balance to the bank account so that it can be matched with your bank feed

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Paulcoops58
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

some screen shots would be helpful as i'm not seeing it

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @Paulcoops58 

The only difference between this process and normally receipting the payment to your bank account would be to receipt the payment into a clearing account, which will need to be set up in your chart of accounts as a bank type of account.

This effectively acts as a intermediary account, similar to a jar on the desk where the money is placed in, and any expenses can be paid out of this money before the amount is taken to your bank and deposited.

If you were unsure of the entries for how to use a clearing account, I recommend speaking with your accountant for advice

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post