Reconciliation - Bank account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RuthCO
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciliation - Bank account

I have just started a new job. I have in front of me the the last bank statement that was reconciled before I started. I have now gone to reconcile the next bank statement BUT there are entries still showing in the MYOB "reconcile accounts" window that were previously reconcilled - I do not believe they are double entries? What might be going on? Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Cheers Ruth Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: Reconciliation - Bank account

Hello @RuthCO 

Generally when you see previously reconciled transactions showing up to be reconciled, it means that a user has manually marked those transactions as cleared in the Reconciliation, rather than matching them via Bank Feeds. This is perfectly fine, but it does mean that the transactions still showing will just need to be marked as hidden. If you navigate to the Banking >> Bank Feeds, do you see those transactions showing up on the left hand side under 'Bank Statement' as per the image below? If so, right click on them and select 'Hide Transaction.' By doing this, you will hide them from showing in that column for clarity's sake, as you have already dealt with them.

Please do let me know if this assists or if I can help any further. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

bankrecon.PNG
RuthCO
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily ..... Thank you for your reply - at the moment this business is not using "Bank Feeds" - is there another way to "hide" these transactions please?

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @RuthCO 

My apologies, I should have checked if you were using bank feeds first. The same would apply for transcations that were uploaded via a bank statement. If those transactions you see now in the Bank Register were previously reconciled, but the AccountRight transaction they were matched to was changed or deleted at some point, the bank statement transaction would unmatch and appear again in the Bank Register to be reconciled once more. 

Unfortunately with transactions in the Bank Register from bank statements, there is not to my knowledge a feature that allows you to simply hide them. If you do want to get rid of them, it would be a matter of unreconciling the whole bank statement they apply to. 

I just want to double check though, your accounts do balance, correct? If they are not balancing, you may want to investigate those transactions further to ensure they aren't the cause of any balance issues. Please see Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations if this is an issue. However, if everything is reconciled and balancing, those extra transactions would be a visual nuisance more than anything. If you can go to Reports >> Banking >> Bank Register and select a date range that includes some of those transactions, can you see a previously reconciled date for them? If so, I would suspect the above scenario has happened and that their AccountRight transaction has been changed somehow, thus leaving it unmatched and waiting to be reconciled again, but not actually throwing anything out of balance.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post