Reconciling a Bank Deposit Error for an Employee Pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Loubou
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciling a Bank Deposit Error for an Employee Pay

Last month I accidently deposited $0.92 cents less than the payroll amount for an employee. Therefore, I cannot reconcile the last month bank account and I still need to pay the employee the missing $0.92.

How do I do this and reconcile the last month statement?

Regards

Louise

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Reconciling a Bank Deposit Error for an Employee Pay

Hi @Loubou 

The easiest way to do so would be to transfer the $0.92 to the employee. Then you would manually tick and reconcile the 3 entries in the Bank Reconciliation window.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Louise

Another way to get around this and reconcile the month the error occurred in is to do an entry to a payroll clearing account that you can then cancel out once you pay the employee the money you owe them

eg payroll is $xx.92 but bank is $xx. You need to to do a receive money to the bank allocating it to the payroll clearing liability account. This will make the bank agree with myob

you will need to hide the bank feed entry and manually reconcile the two transactions in reconcile accounts.

when you pay the additional .92cents the payroll entry will again be different to the bank entry. For example payroll entry is $ xx.03 bank entry will be $xx.95 cents ( as you have added the .92 cents on)

you would then do a spend money transaction for .92 cents allocating it to the payroll clearing account.

again you would need to hide the bank feed transaction and manually reconcile both the payroll and spend money transactions.

to hide a bank feed transaction - in bank feeds click on the transaction and select hide

hope this was helpful

lisa

that is spend money of 92 cents which makes the payroll entry agree to the bank account

Loubou
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Lisa,

This simple solution, clearly explained, was exactly what I required. Very helpful and solved my problem.

Many thanks,

Louise

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post