Report to show all (Split Credit Card) individual transaction memo description details when entered in field

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
My0b2021
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Report to show all (Split Credit Card) individual transaction memo description details when entered in field

Help Please

We import monthly Bank transactions and split, code and enter individual transactions amounts and supplier details in Memo description where necessary for Credit Cards.  However the  individual  Memo information is not included in any reports Can you please advise how we can retrieve the memo information for our EOY financial information without a length process of going through Banking/ Bank Register/ select the year/ CRCD transaction /all individual split transaction viewable however notb printable even ctrl p doesnt work.

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Report to show all (Split Credit Card) individual transaction memo description details when entered in field

Hi @My0b2021 

Thanks for your post. If you go to Setup>>Preferences>>Banking tab and untick Display Payee, Rather Than Memo, in Registers and Reports [System-wide] you can run reports showing the memo field. It depends what report you want to run and the information you're after but reports like the General Ledger (detail) and Account Transactions (accrual) both display the memo field.

memo1.PNG

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

My0b2021
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

retrieving split transaction additional memo details for AR Account Transactions Accrual AR

Hi Thanks for your prompt response 

It was recomended I tried Setup/ Preferences/ Banking tab and unticked Display Payee, Rather than Memo but this didn't result in the additional memo info displayed on Transaction Accrual Report

Can you please advise where I find Register and Reports (System Wide )to run the reports showing memo field as indicated as your second step 

We  import monthly Back Statement through Bank Register / add transactions/ Get Statement/account code/ record, however with a monthly credit card transaction we split the transactions within the total CR CD transaction and they are coded and individual $ entered then add to Memo tab transaction/ supplier additional info on right side between job MEMO gst It is this additional memo information we are after. Or if you enter a split transaction through manual spend money the additional memo tab is the last bottom tab.

We are trying to retreive the years split transaction MEMO data please

Roz

My0b2021
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Report to show all (Split Credit Card) individual transaction memo description details when entered in field

Hi Tracy

Sorry didn't see your response until I resent my question through community.  Thanks for looking into this.

It is not the top memo information  which is imported that we require it is the addtional memo tab on the right side of the Bank Register/ Get Statement/ add transaction/ account code/ $ amount / (job/ MEMO/ gst)

Where do we find your 2nd step Registers and Reports (system-wide) to run report. We tried the above in Account Transactions (accrual) report but could not locate the additional Memo information e.g.

Imported CRCD  transaction $120 (Split Code Insurance $60  Memo AA Ins + Code Fuel $30 Memo BP + Code R&M $30 Memo M10 )  We want to show on the report AA Ins, BP and M10 Memo 

Thanks

Roz

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: retrieving split transaction additional memo details for AR Account Transactions Accrual AR

Hi @My0b2021 

Sorry I misunderstood your question. The top Memo field is called the Transaction memo and this field is what is referred to in Setup>>Preferences>>Banking tab. Register and Reports (System wide) means that if the preference is ticked it will apply to all registers and reports in the software. 

The Memo column is called the Allocation memo field:

memo1.PNG

Depending on the report you want to run you may be able to add the Allocation memo. To check if that field is available:

1. open the report 
  2. click on Insert Modify
  3. click on Show Hide
  4. check for Allocation memo in Available columns
  5. if it is there highlight it and click on Show
  6. click OK
  7. click on the Filters tab

refresh the reportmemo3.PNG

It's important to note that the information entered in that field will only display for the allocation account. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

My0b2021
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: retrieving split transaction additional memo details for AR Account Transactions Accrual AR

Thanks Tracy this worked perfectly a big time / cost saver for the Accountant

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post