Reversed electronic payment too many times

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulieUGG
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversed electronic payment too many times

Hi 

I have reversed an electronic payment too many times.  I now have a reversal for an employees pay sitting in Prepare electronic payments and have nothing to offset it against.  If I delete the EP it shows in the bank register as a credit with nothing to match it too and I then cant reconcile the account.

7 REPLIES 7
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Reversed electronic payment too many times

Hi @JulieUGG 

Thanks for your post.

This article describes how you can clear this: Reversals in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

Let me know if that solves it for you!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JulieUGG
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have tried your suggestions as above but once I remove the negative entries in prepare electronic payments they still show in the bank register and I have nothing to allocate them too.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @JulieUGG 

To help you fix this, could you send me a screenshot of the transactions/reversals that you have? And what transaction do you want to have removed? 

It sounds like there are 2 options to fix this.

1. Delete the latest reversal in the bank register and then work your way back through the reversals. 

2. Do a reversal of the latest reversal and this will allow you to match these to each other. Then reverse the transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window so you can send these both to the Bank Register. 

It will involve ticking and unticking this box in between the different steps: Setup>>Preferences>>Transactions CAN’T be Changed; They Must be Reversed.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JulieUGG
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, thanks so much for your help, please see screenshots attached

The first shot is the Prepare electronics screen.

Capture 2 is after I have created the bank file (which it doesnt save, only records)

If I then delete this it goes back to the Prepare electronic payments screen.  

Capture 2.JPG
Capture.JPG
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @JulieUGG 

Thanks for providing that screenshot

Based on what we can see, you would want to go to select the arrow to get into that Payroll transaction and select Edit>>Reverse transaction. This should reverse that reversal and thus generate a (positive) transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. You’ll be then able to select both transactions to generate a VOID transaction to the Bank File.

In saying that, could you provide the full history of that payment and the reversals from a Bank Register point of view? Also, what is the exact outcome you want to come out of that situation i.e. has the employee been paid in real life?

However, the very simple answer would be to create a new bank account via Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New – give the account a number and name and set the Account type to be Bank. Once that account has been set up you would navigate to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking and set the Bank Account for Electronic Payments to be that new account. This would clear the Electronic Payment window. While this may be an option for you, if you are going down this path you probably want to make sure that the pay history is correct for the employee so that Payroll Reporting is correct.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JulieUGG
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike 

As it is a pay it wont allow me to reverse the reversal - Screen says 'This pay is a reversal of a previous pay transaction.  To fix any mistakes you will need to create a new pay transaction instead of reversing it"

Would I be able to create a new pay transaction? or would this mess with STP reporting ( I have already closed off for the year)?

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JulieUGG 

Usually you should be able to reverse that transaction. That being said, I have experienced the same situation with trying to reverse a reversed payroll transaction. The workaround that I have used was to delete the reversals of the electronic payment, clear the AccountRight cache and in theory you would then be able to delete the payroll transaction.

After this has been fixed, you can do a $0 pay dated June 30 to ensure the STP is correct based on the latest values.

If you are still having issues, please upload some screenshots such as the full history of that payment and the reversals from a Bank Register point of view.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post