Transferring between accounts

Giamar
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Transferring between accounts

I set a customer deposit account in liabilities and now need to transfer the funds to income account, how do i do this as a lump sum

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
6,996 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,996Posts

930Kudos

1,137Solutions

Re: Transferring between accounts

Hi @Giamar 

Thanks for your post. Typically the customer deposit account is a liability account. Then when the sales order is converted to an invoice the deposit is automatically transferred from the liability account to the trade debtors account.

Additionally, if you record a sale invoice with the deposit entered in the Paid Today field the whole sale amount is allocated to the income account as you can see when recapping the sale transaction:

depo.PNG

As such, transferring the deposit amount from the liability account to the income account might inflate the income account incorrectly.

So that I can provide advice based on your situation can you please let me know what transactions you have recorded and if you have set the liability account for customer deposits in Linked Accounts?

Please let me know so that I can help further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post