Two bank accounts for Electronic Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sandor
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Two bank accounts for Electronic Payments

Currently we are making Electronics Payments using ABA bank files in AccountRight. Our main bank account is linked already for this purpose.

We now need to pay suppliers from a second bank account as well, therefore we have two operating savings bank accounts that we must be able to make payments from through Electronic Payments.

Can I link two (2) bank accounts for Electronic Payments in AccountRight?

If the method of using ABA bank files does not allow this, could direct payments from a debit card make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Two bank accounts for Electronic Payments

Hi @Sandor 

AccountRight will only allow for one Linked Account for Electronic Payments - typically the Electronic Clearing account. 

However, I still think AccountRight can achieve what you are after. Basically, in short, when you mark a transaction as electronic it will place it against the Linked Account for Electronic Payments so it appears in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. You can then tick the transactions off and process them to through to the desired bank account.

So, in your case, you want to have a second bank account for paying those electronic payments. As such, when you want to process an electronic payment to the second account, you just want to ensure that account i.e. that second savings account, is selected as the Pay from Account in that Prepare Electronic Payments window when making that payment. You'll also need to ensure you have entered the banking information for that respect bank account in the Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>Select the account -- Banking tab.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Sandor
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for the explanation and instructions. This has fully answered my original question.

I now have a second question but related to the same query to do with Electronic Payments.

To create ABA bank files for this second bank account and then send it to the bank will I also need a new, second Direct Entry User ID different to the original User ID already used for the main bank account?

Or could I just reuse the original User ID?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Sandor 

The Direct Entry User ID is determined by the Bank. Typically, it would be related to the actual bank account with each account potentially have a different set of values, however, it does depend on the Bank. Probably a conversation you want to have with your Bank around that topic.

From an AccountRight point of view, multiple accounts can have the same Direct Entry User ID.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Sandor
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for your help. Your responses are fast and your advice is practical and clear.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post