Australia
Ashbrook
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

2 company files

Hi,

We have recently moved online & updated our subscription to allow 2 company files. Our problem is that when we had 1 company I invited computer in to be allowed to look at inventory only, Seemed to work a treat, then as soon as well uploaded our second company file to the cloud this computer can access everything on the second company.

As we want this computer in our parts room for our mechanics to look at parts/inventory we do not want them to access anything other that that.

Is it because both companies are under the same serial number that this has happened? How do I set it that they only have access to the first company file not the second? I am slowly making my way around MYOB online and trying to teach my 2 office co workers at the same time. At tafe they only teach you the basics :-(

Also even though our invoices state we have a second suscription to AccountRight Live Plus on our second company file it states that is it BASIC.

Hopefully someone with knowledge can help me fix this before I try and teach the other girls :-)

Thank You In advance

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,076 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27076Posts

3156Kudos

3969Solutions

Re: 2 company files

Hi @Ashbrook

Each company file is a separate entity in AccountRight. This does mean that while the user restrictions are on the user in company file A these are not added to company file B, as they are two different files. If you do need to have restrictions placed on a second company file for a user you would be looking at going Setup>>User Access and setting up the restrictions for that user on that file. Our Help Article: Add a user would be able to assist with that process.

Also, you mentioned you are still trying to get around AccountRight, you might want to take a look at MYOB Academy. This is our training site and it does offer some Classroom training and self-paced courses, some of which are free.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post