2 step Authentication not remembering my device

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Re: 2 step Authentication not remembering my device

I have cleaned my cache however this is still persistent and bothersome no matter what I do, I am really contemplating moving to XERO to be honest. This 2FA I understand the necessity, however, it is time consuming having to wait and wait for the email - I am pretty much DONE!

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

@Neil_M wrote:

Hi @GDay53

Thanks for your comments, I’ve passed them onto our team as well as your suggestion of changing to a text code. As I’m not part of that team I can’t speak to how long any potential changes will take to be implemented.

When you sign in with the Trust this device ticked it does create a cookie on the browser during the sign in. If this cookie was rendered unreadable, through damage or being cleared then it wouldn’t be readable for the next time, requiring a new code to be reentered.

If you were finding the Google Authenticator app problematic to use, we do also offer email-based authentication. If you wanted to switch to email based 2FA, please have a look at the Switch from app to email 2FA section of our help article Managing two-factor authentication

I think you are missing the point that it is frustrating it is NOT remembering us, the method of authentication is fine, it is the fact it is problematic and not remembering us when it should do, because we are asking it to. 

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,265 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,265Posts

1,053Kudos

895Solutions

Hi @Shelleycsi 

Out of curiosity, have you been able to take a look at the troubleshooting steps on our Help Article; Trust this device for 30 days?

If you continue to have issues, please let us know which service you are signing into such as MYOB Essentials or MYOB AccountRight as this can have different troubleshooting steps.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app (Starting soon)
In Tray (Server)
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post