2021 First pay run and entitlement current balances are set at 0 hrs so no accrued hrs showing

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2021 First pay run and entitlement current balances are set at 0 hrs so no accrued hrs showing

I am running my first pay for 2021 and when entering holiday leave and sick leave for employees their entitlement current balances are set at 0 and none of their acrued entitlements is available for the leave to be allocated against.  So warning is highlighting that the leave paid will result in  negative leave balance.  

When checking the card file of the employees the entitlement leave balances have correct hrs accrued they are just not being taken into consideration when processing this first pay.  

Can you help me out as to what needs to be done to correct this?  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Leave Entitlements

HI,

i am starting to process pays today and for some reason when i am entering that an employee has had an annual leave day or sick day it is showing that the current balance as 0.00 and the the accrued amount, my question is why is the balance that is carried over not available when processing the pays but if i check the leave entitlements tab on the card files it is showing that the leave has been carried over and that the emplolyees have leave available?

thanks 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 2021 First pay run and entitlement current balances are set at 0 hrs so no accrued hrs showing

Hi @HazelT  @VFTKatie 

We have encountered a number of clients encountering a warning message when processing pays in the new payroll year in relation to leave entitlements.

For more information on this topic we do recommend taking a look at Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Re: 2021 First pay run and entitlement current balances are set at 0 hrs so no accrued hrs showing

Thanks Steven....I did as you suggested and processed my first 2021 pay run with the sick and holiday leave hours.  Once the pays were processed the entitlement balances for each employee correctly calculated despite what each individual's pay warning was!  Solution achieved Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post