Partner Zone
Partner Zone

2FA for a second administrator

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User upperyarra2014
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
upperyarra2014
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

2FA for a second administrator

Hi All,

I am heading off on holidays, and have set up my assistant with full administrator access. How do I also set up 2fa for her? I will be out of reach, and currently it is on my phone, so I can't text a code to her when she wants to log in, and I have heard the 'trust for 30 days' can be unreliable.

I thought setting her up with her own admin password would allow her to use her own authenticator, but the authenticator code is required at the first screen, before she logs in as her own ID.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Shelley

Edit: Is it easy to change 2fa from phone to email? If so, how do I do this, as this might be the best option if no others are available.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,378 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11378Posts

1301Kudos

1602Solutions

Re: 2FA for a second administrator

Hi @upperyarra2014

In terms of changing from phone to email based authentication, its pretty straightforward. The steps to do so are outlined in the Switch from app to email 2FA section on our help article, Managing two-factor authentication.

What may be the easiest way to set up your assistant with their own 2FA code would be to invite them as an online administrator through the company file. The invite will need to be sent to a different email address to the one you use, however as this will be a new user they will need to setup their own 2FA authentication.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post