ACCESS DENIED TO COMPANY FILE BACK UP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trusted Cover User pandasaigon
45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ACCESS DENIED TO COMPANY FILE BACK UP

I am using Accountrigth plus Live, I am the owner role. However I could not access any of restored company file back up as everytime I open the back up file file I need password for user ID "administrator"

I even do not know this password of the user ID Administrator is. this user ID "administrator" is created automatically by MYOB, and now it seems I will have to pay a fee to recover this password. 

Please advise if MYOB create this user name and password and try to make extra payment from me by doing this.

If so how much will I have to pay and how can I get this password? 

I do feel this is not reasonable when MYOB charge fee for this. 

9 REPLIES 9
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,750 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,750Posts

2,109Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: ACCESS DENIED TO COMPANY FILE BACK UP

Hi @pandasaigon

Every MYOB file has a user ID 'Administrator' and the password is always blank. Try to open by leaving the password field blank. If this fails first make sure you spelt Administrator correctly. If blank password does not work, this means a user has set a password. 

When a file is online, you can sign in to the company file using your my.myob (if this is how you set it up), however once the file is offline (as is your restored backup), you must sign in with a user ID and a password. It does not need to be the Administrator user id, this is simply the default.

If you cannot locate/remember the Administrator password that was set, you will need to get it reset - fee applies. If you don't want to pay a reset fee to MYOB, there are others who can reset the password - google is your friend.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ACCESS DENIED TO COMPANY FILE BACK UP

Hi Gavin,

Further to your instruction below, I tried to log in with correct spelling "Adminisitrator" with blank password, hoever it is still not working.  We are small family company and I am the owner, I do believe we did not reset the password of this user ID. It is obliviously MYOB set it up to make money. This is so much disapppointed with MYOB.

I even could not be able to set up my own user ID (rather than use "Administrator" to be able to access restored back up file but It is impossible to do so.

The new version Accountright 2018.4.1 even do not have function of : Set Up - User manager anymore. 

It is ridiculous that we own the information, we are owner we pay much higher monthly subscription to MYOB but we could not even get access to our information without paying more or so difficult to set up our user to be able to access our own information. This become too much, If there is NO solution I will switch to other software as this is really unreasonble and I will share with all other to not using MYOB as this is a unbeliable wrong.

45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR RESTORED BACK UP FILE

Dear Gavin / MYOB team,

Further to my message / topic below. It is proven clearly that when I tested to create a back up file, MYOB does not ask me to set up a password for this back up file at the time I created, BUT when I open this back up file, it is asked for password of "Administrator" user ID. And it is NOT working with blank password as it is supposed to be as your instruction.

This is proven clearly that I did NOT set up password so therefore I do not know the password. It is the way MYOB set up to make money which they SHOULD NOT do. This is unfair. 

If at the time of creating back up file I had chance to create password and later on I forgot it , of course it is fair that I should pay for my mistake , but this is NOT the case. I have never had any chance to create password for back up file, but why should I pay for some one else created password on my own file?????

This become too much to me if you do not have any reasonable solution to stop this problem. 

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,750 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,750Posts

2,109Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR RESTORED BACK UP FILE

Hi @pandasaigon

You seem to lack a good understanding of how MYOB works, esp in relation to passwords.

This is what I suggest you do. Log in and open your online company file. Go to Setup >User Access.  If the only user is Administrator, select this user and enter a password such as 'test' and enter Confirm Password as 'test' then save. As you are the owner I assume you are being logged in as Administartor via your my.myob log in.

While you are there create a new user, for example 'pandasaigon' and add a password 'pandasaigon'.

Save and close User Access. Now make a backup. DO NOT enter any password. This backup password field is not related to user access. This password will encrypt the zip file ensuring no-one can open the zip file.

Restore your backup. Log in as Administrator with password 'test' - MYOB will now let you in. Log out and try to log in as pandasaigon with password pandasaigon, again MYOB will let you in.

I think you may at some point agree, there is no MYOB conspiracy when it comes to passwords, esp if you can log into your online file.

Regards

Gavin

45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I log in company online file but I could not even find where is the user Access in the company online file, please see attached screen shot showing the drop out menu which show NO option to choose for "USER ACCESS" (this is 2018.4.1 version) If this version is different the older version , please advise where / how can I get to "user access" ?

I also did tried to log in my.myob account (on https://my.myob.com.au) then to "manage user" then "Manage Online Access" but there is NO option to allow me to re-set the password of "Administrator" user ID? 

Please advise how owner can change / re-set this password on this newest MYOB version?

MYOB set up.png
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,750 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,750Posts

2,109Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @pandasaigon

In AR2018.4, User Access normally appears between Profit/Loss Distribution and Preferences.  That this does not appear on your Setup menu suggests you do not have access to this feature based on your own user access. You need to be signed in as Administrator or as a user who has access to User Access.

You mention that you are the 'owner' - you may need to speak to whoever set things up with your file (perhaps your bookkeeper or accountant) as you do not seem to have Administrator level access. This person may be the Administrator and may have set the Administrator password.

If there is no bookkeeper/accountant who set things up, there might be a corruption in your file, or some other explanation why you cannot see User Access. You may need to call MYOB and try to sort this out. Resetting the password on your restored backup will not sort this out. Other forum readers might have other suggestions or explanations why you can't see User Access and why you don't know the Administrator password.

Regards

Gavin

45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Reprint PAYG Payment summary Statement in PDF file.

Hi Gavin,

Yes you are right It was loged in in different user ID, when I log in as admisnistrator I can see and change the user access. No problem now to access restored back up file and no more password problem

There is another question on how to reprint / save PAYG payment summary statement from last financial year. I open restored back up file for last financial year and re-do PAYG summary and found that I can only be able to print / save as pdf file for individuas but there is no fuction to print/save as pdf file for PAYG payment summary statement ? (except only can print this document as EMPDULE file for ATO system) 

Now my accountant asks me to send PAYG payment summary statement, I assume I can not send her EMPDULE file but it should be in pdf file so she can read? If yes , please advise how can I get this statement? 

Thanks

Cindy 

Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,035 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,035Posts

747Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reprint PAYG Payment summary Statement in PDF file.

Hi @pandasaigon

On the Verfiy Your Payroll Information Screen, select View Verification Report. On the next scren displaying the report, select the white arrow in the blue rectangle, top left, then select Export>PDF.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,750 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,750Posts

2,109Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reprint PAYG Payment summary Statement in PDF file.

Hi @pandasaigon

Glad you managed to get the password issue sorted.

Just to explain about PAYG Payment Summary Statement - this only exists for paper Payment Summaries. If an employer users software (such as MYOB) to generate PDF Payment Summaries, there is no Payment Summary Statement - there is only the EMPDUPE.A01 file. This file acts as both the Payment Summaries and the Payment Summary Annual Statement for the ATO.

The basic principle for payment summaries is either they are all paper (ATO Payment Summary stationery and ATO Payment Summary Annual Statement report) or all electronic (software created PDF Payment Summaries and EMPDUPE.A01 file).

MYOB can create a Payroll Register summary for the relevant period - this should match the Payment Summaries for that same period.

At the end of the Payment Summary process there is also a Verification Report (update - as per post by @IanChait) - either of these may be sufficient for your accountant. Advise Accountant you have already lodged EMPDUPE file with ATO.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post