Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Basics - Confirm online not working - waiting on the phone GRRRRRRRRRR

I am a Bookkeeper and I use AccountRight for all my clients.  However, at home I only use an old Accountright Basics 2016.3 which does everything I require.  I purchased this product outright and I strongly object when it comes time to confirm my file online it doesn't work after a period of time.   I have been on hold now for over 20mins just to confirm my file.  I cannot tell you how irate this makes me.  I am due at a clients in just over an hour with a 20 minute drive and I do not have the time to waste waiting on MYOB confirming a file that I paid outright for the use off.   I am considering lodging a complaint with Consumer Affairs that I am unable to use something I paid for at the whim of the Supplier.  Soooooooo angry.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
58 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Account Basics - Confirm online not working - waiting on the phone GRRRRRRRRRR

38 minutes and having to hang up - Smiley Sad

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,994 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,994Posts

1,539Kudos

1,828Solutions

Re: Account Basics - Confirm online not working - waiting on the phone GRRRRRRRRRR

Hi @JackieW 

I’ve made a slight change to your account which should now allow you to confirm your file.  Please do try confirming your file at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
58 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thank you for your response and assistance Neil.  The call centre (in South Africa) answered just after I posted.  They told me my Licence had expired (when you buy something outright your licence should not expire) and after a very serious discussion and me running out of time they assured me it would be resolved by this morning.  I received an email late last night with a new licence key which I have installed as per the instructions and everything appears to be running normally ( for now at least).  I also have another older version of MYOB which is on a pre Windows 10 laptop that I also use for several other accounts of mine and I have the same problem from time to time with it when I need to confirm.  Again I reiterate that if you purchase an item outright you should be able to continue to use in a timely fashion at any given time.

MYOB need to look at another system to confirm the files for people who perviously purchased a product that at the time was not available as an online option and is still fit for purpose and being used.

I have one client who uses an older version of MYOB (on a pre Windows 10 laptop) that he also purchased outright and he is in ill health and most certainly does not need the stress of being unable to confirm his company file.

This is really an issue that MYOB need to address.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post