MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

7967Posts

860Kudos

1109Solutions

AccountRight 2017.1 Decommissioning

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Read:

• A new desktop icon is created when you install a new version of AccountRight 2018.1. You can tell the version by looking at the number under the icon. Please make sure that you are clicking on the AccountRight 2018.1 icon and not a previously installed version.
  • Only online Owners and Administrators can upgrade an online company file. Online file users are not able to upgrade an online file.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.1, we are scheduling the decommissioning of one of our AccountRight cloud versions, AccountRight 2017.1. This decommissioning is scheduled to happen on April 19th 2018

If you currently use AccountRight 2017.1 to access your online file, then you will need to upgrade to AccountRight 2018.1 before this date so that you can continue to access your company file file. To assist with this, we have prepared this guide to help you assist you with this.

Not sure what version of AccountRight you’re using? It’s easy to check. Just open AccountRight and go to the Help menu > About MYOB AccountRight:

about2.png

Why do I need to update?

To ensure that our cloud servers have the best possible performance, we only keep the most recent versions on the cloud. This does mean that from time to time we decommission our older versions, but it also means that it’s important to update to our latest version, so you can keep working without interruption.

Our help topic  Why do I need to update AccountRight? Has more information on this.

What do I need to do before I update?

Before you update to the latest version, you need to make sure your file is checked in. To check your file in, please go to File >> Check In from within your checked-out file.

How do I update to the latest version?

If you have a current subscription and you’re not on the latest version, you’ll be prompted to update when you open AccountRight. You just need to click Update to download and install the update.

However, if you don’t see an update prompt when you open AccountRight, you can download it from my.myob:

• Download the latest version from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). Our help article Downloading from my.MYOB has a really great guide on how to do this.
  • Install the downloaded update. If you aren’t sure how to do this, then please have a look at our help article  

After installing the update, open your company file in the new version and then click the Yes, upgrade to 2018.1 button

What if I need more help?

Check out our help article, Installation troubleshooting, if you encounter any issues when trying to install the update, or alternatively feel free to post your questions below so we can assist

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
3 REPLIES
SteveG1972
1 Post
Cover User
SteveG1972
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.1 Decommissioning

I have downloaded the 2018 upgrade twice now and re started PC but still running on old version what is going on here

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
2,457 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

2457Posts

355Kudos

385Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.1 Decommissioning

Hi @SteveG1972,

The In-Product Updater installs the new version side-by-side with the old version, so on your Desktop you should see a second MYOB Icon for AccountRight 2018.1 as well as AccountRight 2017.1 there too. We just need to open the new Icon to begin using the newer software.

If you look at your Desktop, can you see the other AccountRight Icons there other than 2017.1?

I suggest looking at your installed programs to see if it has successfully installed there too, clicking onto your Start Menu and checking to see if any newer software had installed would be a good way to check this too.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
7,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

7967Posts

860Kudos

1109Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.1 Decommissioning FAQ

Hi All

With the decommissioning of our AccountRight 2017.1 online server we have prepared this handy FAQ to help you upgrade your file

I installed the latest version but my AccountRight icon still brings up my old version

When you install a new version of AccountRight 201X.X a new desktop icon is created. You can tell the version by looking at the number under the icon. Please make sure that you are clicking on the AccountRight 2018.1 icon and not a previously installed version.

Who can upgrade my online file?

Online owners and administrators can upgrade an online company file, online file users on the other hand are not able to upgrade the online file and will require an online owner or administrator to upgrade the file for them

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post