MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

AccountRight Live 2015.4 and 2016.1 Decommissioning

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,395 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8395Posts

897Kudos

1177Solutions

AccountRight Live 2015.4 and 2016.1 Decommissioning

Hi all

Older versions of AccountRight are scheduled to be decommissioned. This is done to ensure that our valued clients are using the latest version and have access to the amazing benefits of each new version.

2015.4 – 5th of September 2016

2016.1 – 14th September 2016

You must update your AccountRight by these dates in order to continue access to your online company file. To help you through this, we’ve prepared the following comprehensive guide: 

Why am I updating?

To ensure the best possible performance on our cloud servers, we only have the most recent versions on the cloud. We encourage you to update to take advantage of our new features and the many improvements that are included with each version.

Our online help topic - Why do I need to update AccountRight? has more information on this.

Things to do before updating:

• Check your version – Log in >> Help >> About AccountRight
  • Check in your file before updating
  • Wait for the update prompt

decomm IPM image AEM Large 2 (003).png

Don’t worry if you don’t see it, if you have a current AccountRight subscription, you can also download the latest version from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). Our forum post, Downloading your AccountRight Updates, has a detailed explanation on how to download the latest version of AccountRight

How do I update?

• Install the latest update. If you have downloaded the latest version from our website then our help article, Install AccountRight, does have really simple instructions on how to complete the installation.
  • Open your file in the new version and click the upgrade now button

Upgrade window.PNG

Troubleshooting tips:

I installed the latest version but clicking on my AccountRight Icon still brings up my old version

When you install a new version, it creates a new desktop icon.  The desktop icon will label the version it will open. If you’re accessing the icon from the start menu hover over it to see the version.

multiicon.PNG

I’m getting a message saying I need to have AccountRight 201X.X to open my file, what’s happened? 

When a file is opened in a newer version it gets updated, and everyone who needs to access that file needs to have the same version. Just download and install the specified version and you will be able to get back into your file.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reply to this post if you have any questions or need help with updating your software, we are more than happy to help.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post