1,234 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,234Posts

377Kudos

15Solutions

AccountRight is running so slow

Come on MYOB you really need to lift your game.

AccountRight was so slow yesterday (29/10) and then come about 6pm (WST) things started to get better.
API updates to the PriceMatrix yesterday as really slow (avg 120 items updated every 10 minutes)

Last night when testing changes to our Pricing App, I was getting around 380 items updated every 10 minutes) Had no timeouts or issues with any of the end-of-month processing I was doing and every just works as expected.

This morning, come into work this morning to load the price changes for the supplier invoices received last night and for the new products created and getting 125 items updated every 10 minutes.

Bank feeds has a timeout on us twice, and attempting to create new items and invoice customers is so slow.

Your MYOB Business (Essentials and AccountRight) range of products are cloud-based solutions so you need to make sure your cloud-based resources are able to meet the demand of your customers.

You need to ensure the resources are there for the platform so no matter what time of the day I use AccountRight I get the same performance.

13 REPLIES 13
Fresh09
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight is running so slow

MYOB Account Right is running so so  slow! We are continually getting Time Out and then Maxium retry attempts.  The Bank Feed is even worse!

MikeLang
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

As per other posts and personal experience, do a local backup then an immediate restore. Our BankRecs went from constant timeouts to 1-2 seconds. Other things sped up as well. Kick everyone off to do the backup and restore and tell them to wait until you have advised them it is done.

Fabsco Group, Western Australia
SZAent
Partner
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

9Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Yes but we shouldn't have to take the time to go local, work, and then upload again. As a bookkeeper with about 15 clients, it is impractical to do this for all clients. It never used to be this way, I've found only since they started sending updates ad hoc rather than quarterly. I don't think it gets fully tested before being sent out to the masses. 

MikeLang
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Oh I agree - they need to sort this out.

Just FYI, you don't go local, work and then upload. You go local and then immediately upload. This forces the cloud service to optimise the data and things speed up a lot. We did it out of working hours just the once and it's been OK for BankRecs etc since. 

Backups are still slow though so I have a semi-automated backup to local storage that runs at 1am every day.

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Any reply to this MYOB? I can't go 'off line' or start a new file - I have a 3rd party program that needs constant live access for sales reps. It is taking up to a minute to record a sale, reports too. And at 4pm every day (EDST) it just gives up. This latest update seems to be the cause and I'd like to know when it will be fixed please.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Hi @Edwina 

We are aware that some users are experiencing performance issues and time out errors with AccountRight, our development teams are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, taking your file offline and restoring straight back online is resolving the issue for other users. We understand this is not possible for all users and apologise for the inconvenience these issues are causing.

If possible can you please provide the following information:

• the last FOUR digits of your serial number
  • are there pages that are worse than others, eg, banking, payroll etc
  • what do you see when it is slow, eg, spinning wheel, error messages
  • is it all times of the day or at certain times
  • are there any other programmes running at the same time, eg anti virus

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MikeLang
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Edwina,
See the above posts for a quick, temporary 'fix'. Whereas I agree that this needs to be sorted soon, backing up then immediately restoring the backup seems to help immensely. We went from constant timeouts on BankRecs and long delays on other things to just taking a second or two.

RobRenton
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight is so slow

I'm running modern hardware on a fibre connection and AccountRight is a slow dog.  The last few weeks I spend more time waiting for AccountRight to do anything than actual work.  MYOB, if you have more users and thus more demand on your servers, get more servers!  

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

Last 4 digits 1309

Receive Time Out / Retry window message when trying to process a Sale or open Sales Register, or trying to print

Also receive hourglass symbol, then 'not responding' but up to a minute at a time

No other programs

This is all day - previously 4pm is the drop out time every day

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post