Accountright 2018.1.1 - Alt+L function missing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User JasmineLiu
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Accountright 2018.1.1 - Alt+L function missing

What happend to the Alt+L function when processing payable, you can still see it with Receivalbe - "Receive All", but you can't use Alt+L function for Pay All. Could you please fix this in your next upgrade?

Thanks

Jasmine

Pay Bills.PNG
11 REPLIES 11
MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

1,419Posts

193Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright 2018.1.1 - Alt+L function missing

Hi @JasmineLiu

Thanks for your feedback.
We are aware that there this shortcut has stopped working on the 2018.1 update and a few other posts have been made since then. I can assure you that our development team have been informed.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Developer

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Gui
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

This is an underwhelming response. What your end users want is a timeframe for this facility to be restored. By having to use the mouse to hover then click on the "Pay All" button my processing time for each transaction increases. Please respond with something quantifiable so that your customers expectations can be set. Thank you.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,186 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,186Posts

1,010Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Gui,

At this time we have no exact ETA, however I can confirm we hope to have a release out later this year to resolve this issue.

We generally post on the AccountRight Blog with an update on new releases which includes the new features and what issues have been resolved in that release.

I recommend subscribing to the Blog so that you are notified on new releases and can read on the issues they resolve. You can find the AccountRight Blog by clicking onto the Browse Community at the top of the page, clicking AccountRight and then clicking onto The AccountRight Blog. You can subscribe to this Blog by clicking the Options in the Top Right and clicking Subscribe.

Here is a direct link for convenience: The AccountRight Blog (click here)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User Gui
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

These stock-standard responses just don't cut it. A feature that has been ever-present for as long as I've used MYOB is now no longer available due to a bug (or perhaps something else?) when a version upgrade is made. It's not like customers can ever ignore upgrades to retain features. (STP, new tax tables and other ATO compliance requisites put an end to that idea.) My understanding of how the software industry works is that the vendor admits there's a problem with their update and then they make efforts to fix it in a short time frame. Why can't MYOB do this?? Why can't the MYOB development team make an acknowledgement statement of this being an issue and then provide a timeframe for it being fixed? Why put the ownus on the customer to check a future release list that isn't absolute in addressing what they are looking for. I feel somewhat qualified to make this observation as I hold a degree in Information Systems and am so over MYOB's indifference to its customers.  Can my grievance be escalated through this forum or do I have to do something else about it?

GeneralGentri
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Gui I understand you're upset about the lack of communication but I can't help but find your reply a little rude. You stated:

@Guiwrote:

My understanding of how the software industry works is that the vendor admits there's a problem with their update and then they make efforts to fix it in a short time frame. Why can't MYOB do this?? 

and based on Hayden's reply they did admit that it was a problem he just didn't include an ETA. You may be an information technology degree holder but personally, I don't think that doesn't entitle you to be downright rude just because you're not getting what you want out of something. I personally wouldn't be happy if MYOB gave me an ETA and then suddenly when that date comes what was promised doesn't happen. At this moment, you are being rude over ctrl + L which is a tiny part of the software. Unless this issue stops us from logging into our company files, I don't believe having no ETA is a too big a deal to me... It's an inconvenience but I can still do my accounts without it.

Why can't we just be content to know that they are working on it and then rejoice when the ETA comes out? I mean of course given that it doesn't take too. Let's take the answer for now and then hound them again a month later.

Just my 2 cents.

Experienced Cover User Lennyledoo
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

unbelievable how they can take out features we love when releasing an upgrade - oh dear!

Experienced Cover User BronwynHamster
152 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

152Posts

94Kudos

0Solutions

Hi General Gentri, I am sure Gui doesn't mean to come across as rude. Gui, along with a number of MYOB's users are extremely underwhelmed on MYOB's responses to AccountRight Live bugs, some of them being there since inception of the Live product. It is my experience hounding them a month on doesn't get a fix. I have been hounding them for three years on a particularly major bug. 

Also, please do not diminish the importance of the Control "L" loss. It is a much faster method of recording and lends itself to experiencing far less RSI issues associated with the use of a mouse.

Kind regards, Bronwyn

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,048 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,048Posts

4,256Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Everyone

We do understand the importance of getting the shortcut for Pay All resolved as soon as possible. As such this is something that will be resolved in the next update due out soon.

@JasmineLiu@Gui@GeneralGentri@Lennyledoo@BronwynHamster

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User Debrae08
55 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

55Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I would like to state how important the short cuts are.  As a windows user and Mac user of MYOB, the Mac is so much slower to enter data purely due to lack of short cuts.  plus short cuts relieve pain in arms hands and shoulders with less mouse use.

Please check the shortcuts are not removed from future releases.

It would be great to receive an ETA for the correction.

Bring on more shortcuts..!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post