Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accountright local version is slow

Hello Community,

I upgraded to the cloud version and it was so slow.  I was forced to download the local version (purple) but I find that even this is slower than the old destop version MYOB Premier.  I'm really baffled.

I have turned off all anti-virus software but it has not helped.  

Apparently there is a hybrid file which is offline/online.  I do not have that.  I have the purple file downloaded to my computer.

Just wondering if anyone has this problem too.

Jackie

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,734 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,734Posts

2,097Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright local version is slow

Hi @jackie8 

There is only one program* and version number under Help About will be 2019.x.x.x.x.. The program (known as AR2019, or AccountRight Live)  is always stored on your computer, the company file can be stored either on your computer in the Local library or online (on MYOB servers). This is known as a hybrid solution. The old Premier (v19) is a desktop only program. Other software such as Essentials or Xero are online only.

AR2019 is slow, there is no doubt about that. There is very little a user can do to speed it up, only MYOB can fix this. For processing, a faster machine will not matter, faster internet will not matter. Faster internet will help for uploading, backups, syncing, but not processing.

* AR2019 also comes in a Server Edition. This is used when storing the company file on a local network for multiple users on that same network. Is no faster than the version you have.

Regards

Gavin

Experienced Cover User jackie8
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin for your reply.

Yes I have the file downloaded in my local library.  I have 4-5 files company files open at a time and I noticed that when this happens there are 4-5 huxley applications open in the background using 2G RAM.  Adding in other applications that would take it to 3.5 G RAM.  I only have 4G in total.  I have tried to open and close programs to see what is using so much data and I have narrowed down to Huxley application for each company file. 

I still have one company file that can be used for the old desktop premier version and it only used 35kb RAM.  That is why it worked so fast in the past.  With 5 files open, it added only up to 200kb RAM.  

I am hoping that this is the solution.  I have always loved using MYOB and have been with them for 20 years.  I only wished that support is better and that MYOB will spend more investment into supporting existing customers that have been loyal to them.  It has taken me 8 weeks after my conversion to get this far.

Thank-you for your honesty and assistance.

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,405 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,405Posts

2,207Kudos

0Solutions

@jackie8 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

I agree with @gavin12345 to a certain extent.

The Account Right 2019 is slower than the Classic V19 as far as individual transactions are concerned.

But if you look at the overall package Account Right 2019 is much quicker overall.

You can save up to 60% of data entry time by using the Bank Feeds correctly.

Using the rules not only to create transaction but to match existing transactions alone in a massive time saver.

The Reconciliation takes seconds instead of hours etc.

With all the other online features, the Account Right 2019 is a far better program than the old Classic V19.

I also only have 4Mb Ram but have no trouble having 10 different client files open at the same time.

laptop specs 1.PNG

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,734 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,734Posts

2,097Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @jackie8 

If you are going to open more than one instance for AR2019, you will need more memory (RAM). 4 GB is okay if you have one instance of AR2019. Huxley's use of RAM have been very problematic, you will see the forums littered with users reporting System.OutOfMemory errors. Huxley and AR2019 are one and the same. It may be ok if you have very small files and small numbers of cards and items etc.

Windows will allocate up to a max of 2 GB to each process (in this case each instance of AR2019 and each instance of anything else you have running - Browser, etc etc). Most applications never go near that 2 GB limit so you can have have a number of applications running at the same time. AR2019 approaches that limit frequently and exceeds it - even with tiny files, in which case you get the System.OutOfMemory error - AKA 'Something has gone wrong and AccountRight has to Close' - if you look at the error message, you will see if this is a System.OutOfMemory or some other problem.

If you are near the RAM limit on your computer, Windows may also use the HDD as a form of de facto RAM. If this is happening, you will hear a lot of HDD activity and your system will be slow. 

Resist the urge to open 4 instances of Huxley - (otherwise add another 8 GB of RAM to your computer). Most computer systems cannot cope with one instance of Huxley's use of RAM, let alone 4. The problem being Huxley's use of memory and refusal to release it when it should. Even with just one instance of Huxley, AR2019 will be slow, and so adding more RAM will not help that.

There is simply no comparison with the MYOB you have used and loved over the past 20 years. The current company of MYOB is also very different, as it its philosophy and attitude to customers - IMHO.

If you feel you must 'move with the times' do get used to the slowness of AR2019. I for one (and many others) are sticking with v19 for the forseeable future. There is a great little STP Solution released last week for MYOB v19 users (and .myox users without a subscription), and this will allow us to keep using v19.  I have not had support from MYOB for over 10 years, so MYOB's end of support for v19 concerns me not. 

Regards

Gavin

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,323 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,323Posts

1,897Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 , I completely agree that having multiple company files open in AR2019 will lead to memory problems unless the hardware memory is expanded. However, assuming that v19 is updated for any payroll legislation changes this year (June 2019), I do wonder how long it will remain usable if those payroll updates no longer happen?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graeme,

I do agree that if banks can be used properly then bank reconciliation will be quick however if you are entering data from a bank feed then IMO it is not true reconciliation.  I enter takings based on a days trading which may include cash, eftpos and amex payments but bank feed feature requires these lines to be entered in chronological order which is virtually impossible.  

I used to have M powered services esp payments and that was so easily.  Now in order to pay any bills I have to create a bank file, log into my bank account etc etc.  Each payment takes 10 extra steps.  Please bring back M-Powered!

I have to disagree with you weighing everything up I am worst off.  

I also disagree with 4RAM will cover 10 files.  Each file Huxley will use 350,000KB leaving nothing left for other programs such as search engines etc.  This has been proven.

Thank you for your thoughts...

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin and Mike James,

You are both correct.  I opened only 1-2 AR files today and it was significantly faster.  I am going to upgrade my RAM to 16 GB today in the hope that I can have more files open.  With a few businesses to manage everyday it is hard to have only 1-2 files open and if other staff want to log in then it makes it even more difficult.

Jackie

Abliss
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

What is the great little STP Solution released last week for MYOB v19 users?

Thanks

Angela

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,734 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,734Posts

2,097Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Abliss 

Google 'STP Creator'. If you can't find, send me a private message.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post