Partner Zone

Accounts List Not up to date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nickers
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accounts List Not up to date

Hi, I am starting a new file in the 2018.2 version and trying to import my accounts list from the previous file (Version 19.8).  I can't seem to export the correct and most recent totals in the accounts list as at June 2018.  I would have thought selecting the month June of the last financial year would take with it the most up to date data?  Why isn't the data up to date when exporting the file?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,473Posts

1,623Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accounts List Not up to date

Hi @Nickers

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

When exporting Account Information out of an AccountRight v19 file one of the fields that can be exported is the balance of that account from that financial year. The balance information may differ from the figures in the accounts list. This is due to the figures in the account list not being date sensitive, and instead reflecting every transaction that has gone against that account.

So if there were any future dated transactions these would be reflected on the account list, however as they were future dated the figures wouldn’t be reflected in the balance field on the export field. In this instance you would need to identify the future dated transactions and enter them into the new file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nickers
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accounts List Not up to date

Thanks for your response!  That made sense to me. I also received advice from MYOB reminding me that some balances can be manually altered.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post