Adding extra columns in All Purchases Register Report template

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
estherhub
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adding extra columns in All Purchases Register Report template

Hi,

I did a MYOB advanced training course a few years, have vagure memory about the teacher showing us how to modify MYOB excel templates using macros, etc, seemed very complicated.

now the company I work for needs two extra columns to be added to the "All Purchases" reoprt under Purchase Register, the two extra columns are "account number" and "job code". 

I dont remeber how to do it now, is it possible that some one in this community could give me some advices on how to do it? is it too hard that i should take the advanced training course again? I am not good at Macros or VBA, but someone in our company is and if the instructions are easy to follow.

Look forward to your suggestions, many thanks

Esther

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,408Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Adding extra columns in All Purchases Register Report template

Hi @estherhub

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Neither of those two columns exist in the 'All Purchases Register Report' however they do exist in the 'Purchases & Payables Journal' report; in fact they appear by default without having to click the 'Insert/Modify' tab and clicking its 'Show/Hide' icon.

Please let us know if you have any problems with the 'Purchases & Payables Journal' report; thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

estherhub
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tony

thanks a lot for the help.

I understand that "All Purchases" report doesnt have those two columns - account code and job code, thats why I was thinking about modifiing the myob excel template to add them by using Macros.

the reason I need to use this report is because I need a report to capture all the purchase orders as well, not just "real purchases" with invoices. the "Sales and Purchase" journal report doesnt capture purchase orders, also showing Dr and Cr and GST amount, which is not what we really want.

basically I need a report listing all the purchases order/open/closed invoices for the months, and also showing job code, account code as two additional columns

i cant find an existing report which can meet these requirements, do you have any suggestion of other report, or is it possible to modify the excel template?

thanks a lot, look foward to your suggestions.

Esther

Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,408Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@estherhub

This message is also my reply to your private email message.

Suggest that you look at the attached PDF; it is identical to the image posted on the "new idea" exchange on this link Reports to sort Paid and outstanding invoices per JOB ID.  It uses the Purchases [Supplier Detail] report and by selecting 'All Purchases' as the value for Purchase Status the report will encompass all transactions irrespective of their purchase status.  I've selected Job no. as a column by clicking 'Insert/Modify' tab > clicking its 'Show/Hide' icon and including that column on the report and positioning it as column position 1 by clicking the 'Order' icon.

Please note that the Item/Account column in the report displays the inventory Item No. and not the Account No where an Item No was selected on the purchase.  If that is unsatisfactory then the Excel macro to lookup the 'Asset Account for Item Inventory' on that particular item.  You must take into consideration that a transaction belonging to a purchase quote or order is unassigned in as far as an account number is concerned.

That is my last suggestion that could be used by you to achieve your objective.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

estherhub
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tony

thank you so much for the suggestions, I have run the supplier details report, and it has got all the info I need, all I need to do is to dump it into Excel, and change the format a bit, so that it looks like a list of summary, instead of grouped by suppliers name.

I think I can live with that. appreciate your help, and I am very happy nowSmiley Happy

you are true expert in MYOBSmiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post