Bank Feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds

I have just started using bank feeds and the person on the MYOB chat is telling me you can’t reconcile multiple payments, I find this hard to believe. 

I have multiple payment coming out of the bank account and I have one spend money invoice that I would normally reconcile these payments to....can someone please tell me if the information he has given me is correct? 

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds

Hi @Advocacy1 

Currently, AccountRight bank feeds work on the principle that you match one bank feed transaction with one AccountRight transaction. If you do have multiple bank feed transactions you would be looking at recording those transactions individually in AccountRight (so have a one for one situation).

Alternatively, as you know those bank transactions make up that individual payment go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts>>Enter in a bank statement date and account before ticking the required AccountRight transaction. This would make that transaction as cleared for your next reconciliation.  You would just need to deal with the bank feed transactions which you would be looking at hiding  - right-clicking on them individually and selecting Hide Transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven for the clarification. 

Jenni65
Contributing Cover User
28 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

28Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I did what was advised and “hid transaction “ in bank feed. It disappears ok but shows out of balance for that amount. Will that disappear at the end of the month when I reconcile?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Jenni65 

Generally speaking, that out of balance will be generated by an AccountRight transaction not being in place to represent that bank transaction. This ideally will be picked up with you complete the reconciliation through Banking>>Reconcile Accounts. 

Should it not resolve that out of balance I would recommend reviewing Help Article: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post