Bank Transactions Duplicated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EMM
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Transactions Duplicated

HI there,

We have recently had a problem with our transactions being duplicated in our bank reconciliations as follows:

We operate 2 bank accounts for the same business.  We have a NAB account for the main  business, but we have another Westpac Account that we use to put aside regular amounts of money to cover large bills.

When I enter a Spend Money in the NAB bank rec it creates a debit transaction in the NAB bank rec and a credit transaction on the Westpac Bank Rec. 

When I enter a Receive Money int he Westpac bank feeds I also creates a debit transaciton on the NAB Bank rec as well as a credit transaction on the Westpac Bank Rec.

This means that I end upt with two transactions for the same thing.  If I delete one I end up with an unmatched transaction on the bank feeds.

We have been using bank feeds on both these accounts for a whiile and this problem has only occured in the last month or so.  Probably connected with the last upgrade.

Could you please advise me how to overcome this problem.

Regards,

Maureen

2 REPLIES 2
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Transactions Duplicated

@EMM 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The reason you are getting duplicates is because you are creating them.

When you are just transferring money from bank account to another to use bank feeds correctly, when the transaction appears in one bank feed, you should be clicking on the New button then Tranfer money filling in the account details and record.

That will match the bank feed the transaction appeared in and if you go to the other fee it will now show approve and all you have to do is click on approve.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
EMM
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Transactions Duplicated

Hi there,

Thank you this fixed the problem going forward

I am just wondering why this problem arose as we have been doing the transactions this way for more than 6 months and it has only created a problem recently.  I would appreciate it if you could explain to me why this happened.

Regards,

Maureen

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post