Banks Feeds and Manage Rules

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User LearningMyob101
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Banks Feeds and Manage Rules

Hi

Hope this makes sense and can be sorted out the easist possible way

I have a bank feed started from 1/7/2018 to current date wherein my bankfeed has recorded transactions but I have entered very few transactions ie Telephone bill, Fuel, Owners Drawing, Bank Charge, Invoice Payment etc

What I am wandering is following

1) Do I need to enter the tranasaction before I create the rule? Or at the same as creating the rule can I create the transaction?

2) If I create a invoice and then create rule can I use the rule to create onging invoices (same company) ie I create a  invoice 600 ... can i create a rule to look after inoice 601, 602 etc that would also create invoice 601, 602 etc . Or must I create individiual invoices and use the rulle...

Hope that makes sense

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,032 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,032Posts

746Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Banks Feeds and Manage Rules

Hi @LearningMyob101

In answer to your questions:

1 - You first create the rule from the Bank Feed and then it will apply it to the transaction. You should then approve to record it

2 - You cannot create invoices from the Bank Rules. You would create the invoice in the normal way, then allow the rule to find the invoices the receipt is for.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post