Best way to make an offline read only copy of the file for future reference (eg for payroll reporting)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Best way to make an offline read only copy of the file for future reference (eg for payroll reporting)

When using the MYOB classic version, we used to make a full copy (not just a backup zip) of the file each year prior to rolling into a new payroll or financial year. This meant we had a complete file for easy reporting. These files were marked read only when we were next asked to confirm them.

I am sure I found a way to do this with the new online files too but I can't find any instructions. I think maybe a phone support person talked me through it a few years ago. I have since changed jobs and didn't think to bring my "cheat sheets" with me.

I would like to add these files to our company "library" so that if in 2025 I need to access payroll information from 2019/20, I will be able to simply pull up the 2019/20 file and run the reports from there. Our current file has all the payroll data back to 2012 but I can't run an entitlement balance report for 2013/14 year which I now need.

I could reverse engineer the report starting from the opening balance of 1/7/2018 but I'd rather not as I imagine it would take several hours, if not days.

Thanks in anticipation... 

2 REPLIES 2
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Best way to make an offline read only copy of the file for future reference (eg for payroll reporting)

@H-TS 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

To make a Library copy of your online file, first you need to back-up the file.

Then you Restore the file.

When you restore the file you can rename the file to whatever you want.

During the process there is a tick box to restore "In a library on your computer" make sure this is ticked.

And choose the location.

restore file.PNG

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

222Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Best way to make an offline read only copy of the file for future reference (eg for payroll reporting)

Thanks Graeme. @GDay53 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post