MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Can't confirm company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Clint7799
1 Post
User
Australia
Clint7799

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can't confirm company file

HI,

I have Accounting Pus V 17 and have had for several years.  I verified the file when i first installed.

Now when opening the file it is asking me to verify the file again.  I tried to do via the internet but it did not work.

I then rang the phone number to do on phone and even though the message states it is 24 hour service the number is now colsed.

I also tried to touch base with help desk, even though i rang as per the times specified they are also closed.

Can someone please help as need to use this file urgently and very frustrated.

Clint

2 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,018 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2018Posts

1592Kudos

309Solutions

Re: Can't confirm company file

Hi @Clint7799

I think you mean Confirm, not Verify. File > Verify is a process that checks your file for errors. I would recommend running this process every time you open the file as well as every time you make a backup.

Since your v17 file was first created, it has required Confirmation every 6 or so months. This process normally happens in the background and you don't even know it is happening. Recently however MYOB disabled this process to force all users to call them. When you call they would attempt to 'convince' you to upgrade to AR2017. Recently MYOB threatened to stop Confirming files from older versions, however after a backlash from users, they seem to have abandoned this policy for the time being. You will however need to contact them during business hours to get a Confirmation code. 

If a moderator can match your email address to a serial number, they may re-enable online confirmation which will allow you to confirm online again.

In the meantime, from the first time Confirmation fails, you get 14 days to sort it out. If you cannot contact MYOB, select Confirm Later and you will be able to use your file. If you leave it until after the 14 days have expired, Confirm Later will no longer be an option. 

Regards

Gavin

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
24,683 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

24683Posts

2800Kudos

3581Solutions

Re: Can't confirm company file

Hi @Clint7799

I have arranged for one of the team to get in touch with yourself to discuss your account and confirmation in more detail.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post