Can't export reports to Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
microheat
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Can't export reports to Excel

Greetings,

I don't normally have an issue with exporting reports to excel on my work computer but when I am at home on my home computer I am unable to do this. 

As far as I am concerned both run windows 10, and Excel 365 which are all up to date. 

Initially I had the  Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155)  error which I have fixed using community help from previous other posts. 

However, since I have done this I now have a 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct error which I cannot fix. Not sure what path and file name they are on about? 

Anyone having the same issues or know how to fix this so that I can export reports to Excel from home? 

All of the other export options such as PDF, CSV etc are all working - except the one that I really need.

I have reinstalled both MYOB and MSOffice 365 with no luck.

Many Thanks  

MH

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Can't export reports to Excel

Hi @microheat 

The log that you've attached mentions this specific error "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException" which is an interop error meaning when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Office/Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind.

There is a range of interop errors, these most often are fixed by one of the following:

A. Quick Repair office. (any missing files should be added back)
B. Re-Register DLL files and Check/Fix Registry Keys (there are 3 to complete)

Step B would require an IT Professional as its an environmental issue, with windows having missing or incorrect information and this help article has similar instructions which might help: 

https://webmakers.co.nz/interface-not-registered-exception-from-hresult-0x80040155-microsoft-office-...

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

microheat
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Komal for the reply.

I have completed an office repair and even uninstalled and reinstalled both MYOB and MS365 with no lock.

I also did the Re-Register DLL files and Check/Fix Registry Keys options and everything is correctly pointing to version 9.6 and appearing where it should be as per the instructions.

I am confident that I have the same versions of both MYOB and MS365 on both my home and work computers but for some reason my home computer tries to process my excel export request but nothing appears. All other export options work except Excel.

I even tried a separate notebook and this worked OK so it must something different with my home computer set up? 

I'm wondering if this could be a processor issue or RAM issue although saying that I dont have any other problems on this machine with anything else and there is certainly no warning messages.

Is there anything else that you can suggest to try.

Many thanks

MH

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @microheat 

Since the Interop error is an environmental error, you're correct in mentioning that there is something in the home computer set up causing it. If the above options have not worked, we'd suggest running the Windows Event viewer after the Excel export does not work so it can point at any specific error events. These error events can be used to diagnose the problem.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post