Can't log into MYOB AccountRight.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PNWHC
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't log into MYOB AccountRight.

Hi, I have never had problems opening my company file in AccountRight until now. In the past I have always gone into MYOB on my Desktop and then clicked on my 'recently opened company files'. This brought a sign-in that looks like the picture attached called MYOB #1. If I entered my password correctly the login window would take dirrected to the main command panel. Last week I changed the email login I use, but this was a smooth process and I could still log in the same way as I used to (other than using the new email address as the login) and emails from MYOB were going to the new email so I know I did this correctly.

Fastforward to this week and suddenly when I have used my normal sign in process, instead of taking me staight to the control pannel it opened a new sign-in page - see picture MYOB 2. I don't know what to do. I've tried switching the user ID from my name to our email and using or current password. This brings up an error message 'The ID or Password you entered in incorrect. Please try again'. I've never had a personal password for MYOB, so I don't know what to do. I'm to admin for the account, so asking the admin to do something isn't possible. I clicked on the option for people who are having trouble logging in, and was sent to a page that gives various options, none of which work.

I've called MYOB, spoke to a woman who intended to call me back, but never did. She sent me an email saying she had tried to call, but there are no missed calls on my phone so I am sceptical.

I'm at my wits end as I have deadlines. Hoping someone can offer solutions.

Morgan

*Screenshots removed by MYOB Moderator for privacy and security, ^TH

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Can't log into MYOB AccountRight.

Hi @PNWHC , try this:

Instead of selecting the filename on the recently used file list, right-click and select Remove from List. (It will come back later).

Then select Open FIle, and choose Cloud.

If you are signed in, select sign out, then sign in again.

Then select your file on the right, and I'm hoping it will prompt with the normal email sign-in.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

PNWHC
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

I followed your instructions. The same new log-in window occured. I can't get past it.

Cheers
Morgan

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PNWHC 

The following sign in window is for online files and are your MYOB account details, ie, the email and password you use to sign into my.myob:

image.png

This sign in window is your Company file User ID and password. If you have selected to Link this User ID to your my.myob account you won't see this window.

image.png

Try entering Administrator as the User ID and leave the password blank in the Company file sign in window.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PNWHC
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey. Initially that was not working. However it is working now. Thank you very much

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @PNWHC 

Great to hear that worked for you, thanks for letting me know.

Don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Joanne2
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos