Cannot Checkout

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Valued Cover User DannyTangney
250 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

250Posts

166Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot Checkout

Hi,

After a particularly bad week with our appalling internet connection causing numerous errors accessing our Online MYOB file, we'd like to check it out to work locally, but there is no option to checkout the file on either the green icon or File menu, just Sync Company File.

None of the posts I have read mention this, but do we need to Synchronise before we can check out ? I have waitied until I am the only user on the system but the Check Out option still doesn't appear.

As suggested in other posts, we intend to checkout to a local PC, take a backup and then restore the file on our server to enable multi-user access, and check back in every now and then... Once NBN comes to town we might revert back to Online, depending on how fast and reliable (or not) that is locally.

Regards,

Danny

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cannot Checkout

Hi @DannyTangney

To check out an online file you do need to be an AccountRight Live Owner or an AccountRight Live Administrator. If you are an AccountRight Live file user you will not have the option to check out the company file. 

If you are required to check out a company file from the cloud you would need to speak to the AccountRight Live Owner to have your upgrade your AccountRight Live access to be an AccountRight Live Administrator to have that access. Help Article: Set a user's online access level would be able to assist further with that process.

Note: I am referring to the AccountRight Live level of access, NOT your company file level of access (i.e. what your username has access to via Setup>>User Access in the company file).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Valued Cover User DannyTangney
250 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

250Posts

166Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot Checkout

Thanks for that information, Steven.

Unfortunately, none of the numerous posts and support records I searched advised about this, they just assume that you can go and check out without any mention of access requirements...

Regards,

Danny

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post