Cannot drag windows

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot drag windows

This has only just happened today but I an now not able to drag any windows except the command centre around the screen.

As an example, when I open the In Tray and try to move it I put my cursor on the top bar of the window but it cursor changes to the resize cursor and when I click and drage the window resizes. Also I am not able to minimise,/Maximise or close windows usin the icons inthe top right of the window.

Looking at the In Tray window now it does seem to be flashing slightly around the edges.

Any thoughts???

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,921 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,921Posts

5,003Kudos

5,396Solutions

Re: Cannot drag windows

Hi @EDAnnandale

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. If you do have enquires don't hesitate to post them so the MYOB Community can assist.

You mentioned that when you look at the In Tray Window that its slowly flashing around the edges. Normally you would see that when you selected an option generate another window that requires you to do something and you haven't do it yet. For example you have selected to add a document and the window has appeared on screen but you have hidden't it or clicked of it.

As to a solution, I would first close down the program and reopen. Once you have reopened the file as per normal. When you have opened go to Setup>>Preferences>>Windows and make sure that you have unticked the option "Save Window Sizes and locations" After you have checked that if you go select a window for example the In Tray. Are you able to move that window? If not take a look at Window (top of the screen) do you only have the Command Centre and In Tray listed in that drop down?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the response Steven.

I have found that it is only an issue when I have MYOB open on my second monitor. It seems to be OK if I am just using it on my smaller laptop monitor.

I have checked the preferences and initially the "Save Window Sizes and locations" was unticked.

I tried restarting MYOB and doing a complete restart of the computer but neither of those had any affect on the ability to move windows around on the second monitor.

I think there was an update to my video driver since last time this worked correctly so I might try to roll that back and see what happens.

Thanks

Ian

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,921 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,921Posts

5,003Kudos

5,396Solutions

HI @EDAnnandale

Interesting I haven't heard that one before. Do let us know how you get on with that rollback and if you do require any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

I have been having the same problem for at least a few months.  Occasionally it works, but most of the time it doesn't.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,921 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,921Posts

5,003Kudos

5,396Solutions

Hi @DerekM

So we can investigate further can you provide additional information such as:

• Is it only certain windows that you can't drag or just all windows?
  • You mentioned it works occasionally, what causes it to work i.e. a restart of the computer? the computer? closing and reopening the company file?
  • Have you recently upgraded to a later Operating System?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

I haven't been paying close attention to it, but here is what I know.

1) I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit, and I'm a software developer, so I have a lot of stuff installed on my machine.

2) When MYOB is open on my laptop screen, there doesn't appear to be any issues.

3) When MYOB is open on a second monitor, the problems then occur.  I am operating this monitor in extended mode.

4) The main control screen looks like normal and operates like normal. You can move it around fine.

5) Most other windows have the problem.  I haven't looked through them all, but definitely bank feeds, spend money, reconciliation.....

6) When you move the mouse over these screens, it works normally over all the components created by MYOB.  You can click on anything and do anything like normal.

7) What doesn't work is when you move the mouse over the "windows controlled areas":.  So the blue bar at the top, including the minimise, maximise and close buttons, and also the edge of the form.  When the mouse is over those sections, it changes to the "resizing" arrow.  This is the mouse cursor with a line from top left to bottom right and an arrow at each end.

8) When the mouse is like this, when you click, nothing happens.  If you click and drag, then the form resizes.  It resizes the bottom right point of the form, no matter where you are clicking on the form (*as long as it is in the windows controlled areas).

9) So you can't close the windows using the X button in the top right corner of the form.  You have to use the close button.

I hope this is helpful.  As I mentioned I am also a software developer, so if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Cheers

Derek

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

New laptop.  Work second monitor seems fine.  Home second monitor still causing problems.

Monitor is Philips 284E

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post