3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Capture App for accountright

Hello, I have looked in the app store but can only find Capture for Essentials. Is there an app for Accountright. I need my staff to be able to take a photo of their receipts and upload them into MYOB. Is this possible with Accountright?

12 REPLIES 12
Partner Allertonj
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Capture App for accountright

Yes I want to know that as well as when I went to the MYOB conference last month they said it would be coming out with the next release? That's just dropped but I can't see that In the notes for the upgrade?  MYOB could you answer this?

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,144 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,144Posts

131Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LeeFHTA@Allertonj,

Thank you for the post!

We do have this feature included in AccountRight but I am not sure of when it is released to the users. If there is an update on this we would keep our users posted through our forum.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User PGads
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

I want to use this app for employees to submit receipts for purchases made on the company credit card. I have downloaded the app and I am guessing I am going to have to set each employee up as a user in MYOB with limited priveledges. What I want to know is a will I be able to identify the receipts by user?

LCR
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi I got a message when log into MYOB that the Capture App was avaliable to Account right users now but when I down load the app and try to log in it l=tells me i have incorrect credentials? 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @PGads 

The MYOB Capture app (and the In Tray in AccountRight) doesn't maintain a record of which user added the document, only that the document has been added.

@LeeFHTA  
Do ensure that you are using the same email address that you use to log into the AccountRight company file when prompted to via the MYOB Capture app. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BColby
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I received a notification (via login) from MYOB last week that Capture is available, but can't find it on the Apple App store (Australia).  Is it available to users of Accountright in Australia?

Ultimate Partner CathieR
960 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

960Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Whilst AR does not identify who uploaded the document you could just get the employee to write their name on the document before they scan and send it.

Cathie Robilliard
BCom. (Acc/Finance) UNSW
MYOB Certified Consultant
BAS Agent
email:cathier@optusnet.com.au
Servicing Sydney South, NSW
Ultimate Partner CathieR
960 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

960Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

User Access setup for receipt upload only:

If you don't want staff to access anything in AR except to upload their receipts you need to create a new user role.

Anyone with administrator privileges can do it.

Go to Setup>User Access

Next Select "Manage roles"

Right Click on "Purchases" and select Duplicate Role.  A copy of Purchases appears at the bottom of the list.

Highlight the words "copy of purchases" and rename it.  I used "In Tray User"

Once created clickon the new role to edit access.

Delete the dashes beside all areas except "Banking" and "Purchases" Once all others are blank, go to "Banking" and untick everything except "In tray".  Repeat  for "Purchases".  So now check that only the " In tray" ticked in any of the sections.  Once done hit save.

Invite users as normal for staff who may have documents to updoad.  Also get them to upload the MYOB Capture app to their phone.

Anyone with the appropriate privileges will be able to see the documents they have uploaded in the In Tray.

I am loving this feature.  It is great for getting documents that usually fall between the car seat!

Cathie Robilliard
BCom. (Acc/Finance) UNSW
MYOB Certified Consultant
BAS Agent
email:cathier@optusnet.com.au
Servicing Sydney South, NSW
rochelle98
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven,

We are having trouble logging into the Capture app, as it displays an alert 'There was a problem signing in. Please make sure your credentials are correct and try again.'

I have verified the credentials are correct by logging into our company file on my pc.

I have also tried this on several other employee's phones in our organisation with their credentials & the same issue is occurring...any ideas?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post