Cards List delay and program not responding

hopstop
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cards List delay and program not responding

We have AccountRight with an online company file, and whenever I attempt to access the Cards List the program can take up to 5-10 minutes to display the list.

We've updated Windows, reinstalled AccountRight, but still experiencing the same issue. This has only started happening recently, before it only used to take around 10 seconds for the list to be displayed.

Details:

Windows 10 with the latest updates installed.

myob version:
AccountRight Plus AU 2021.30
Build: 2021.3.24.4119

20986 cards in the list

MYOB not responding.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,372 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,372Posts

2,353Kudos

470Solutions

Re: Cards List delay and program not responding

Hi @hopstop 

20k cards is always going to be a struggle for MYOB. You likely also have a very large company file. This is also the busiest time of the year and there is more load on MYOB servers. All these factors conspire to result in slow response times. 

Also if you run protection software like anti virus etc, ensure that the current version of Huxley Application you are using is excluded from the scan.

Regards

Gavin

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Re: Cards List delay and program not responding

Hi @hopstop 

Firstly, I would recommend checking out our help article Speed and perfomance tips which has information and instructions on what to check when your programme is running slow. 

If this doesn't solve it, try the following: if the file you're accessing is on the cloud, try to take a backup and open your file offline. In most cases, this has helped users, as the offline file may perform faster than the same file stored online.

Lastly, a more time-consuming solution, but could save you time in the long run: you could de-activate or combine some of the older cards in your file to speed up the process.

Without knowing your business or your annual turnover, you may have outgrown the capability of AccountRight and using a bigger business product like MYOB Advanced may be something that is worth considering. MYOB Advanced offers more flexibility and customisation, although it does have a higher price tag. More information on that product can be found on MYOB Advanced, we're happy to arrange for one of our team to reach out, if that is a product that you feel may be better suited to your business.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post