4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Change Owner

I am at my wits end with solving this query. The issue is simple - I have an Online MYOB account right file. It is to be transferred to a new bookkeeper. 

I have phoned help desk twice to request that they transfer the ownership of the file to the new bookkeeper. Each time, after a lengthy wait on the phone, I am assured that it is a simple '2 minute job' and it is all fixed. Hey presto, a day later I get a message from the new bookkeeper to say she is still not the new owner. Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong?

Thank you - Gill

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,520 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,520Posts

5,095Kudos

5,495Solutions

Re: Change Owner

Hi @Xtra_Gill 

If you are looking at changing the company file to another serial number you would be looking at opening that file and going Help>>Change Serial Number. This will allow you to change the serial number in the company file to be that other serial number. Note: If the company file has used online services that option may be unavailable and the file may have to come in for us to remove that serial number. Should the file be online you can try taking a backup of the company file and then restoring locally (File>>Restore>>Restore into a library on your computer) before attempting that Change Serial number option.

If the serial number is not changing but you are looking at needing to change the AccountRight Live Owner of a serial number, it would depend on if you are the primary contact of that serial number. If you are the primary contact of that serial number we can action that request to add in another AccountRight Live Owner. If you are not the primary contact, we do recommend that the primary contact does contact us to arrange for that OR a change of details form if the current primary contact is no longer available to contact us.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post