Conversion date problem - restart trial

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User G-W
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Conversion date problem - restart trial

Actually, I started the day looked to try out MYOB essentials, but it wouldn't let me in (covered in a different post), so then I tried MYOB AccountRight ... and I thought it was all going well, installed, setting up the chart of accounts etc., until I tried to enter my first journal entry for 1/7/2018 and discovered that for some reason the file thinks my conversion date is 1/8/2018.

I could have sworned I checked that (even though the registration process surprised me by asking for these details before I'd even gotten any software installed).  Whatever.  I don't know how it went wrong, but of course now I can't change it even though there are no actual transactions in the file yet.  Since we are talking "AccountRight Plus" with just one file: I can't start again, I can't deactivate to allow starting a new file, and I can't fix the problem.  It has not been a good day.  What happens now?

2 REPLIES 2
Contributing User G-W
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Conversion date problem - restart trial

I called the support line and eventually got patched through to "support", where the gentleman I spoke to went away for a while before coming back and telling me to simply make a second attempt at starting a free trial. I was a bit dubious, however... This I have now done, and even received a new serial number (which rather surprised me), but it will not let me create an online file using that number - presumably because my email address already has one created online and the gentleman today could not be bothered to deactivate it. I guess I could go through the process using a different email address (not sure how "smart" the MYOB system is in this regard) but then my main email address remains stuck on a useless file. Can it really be this difficult just to try out the product? Not happy.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,982Posts

4,411Kudos

4,786Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Conversion date problem - restart trial

Hi @G-W 

I've sent you a private message on the Community Forum to arrange for the company file to be deactivated and removed from the cloud if required.

Deactivation will free up the space on that serial number so a new company file can be created and uploaded if necessary

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post