MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Deleting ledger accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Columbia1
230 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Columbia1
Experienced Cover User

230Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting ledger accounts

Hello,

I have started a new financial year and I am trying to delete some accounts that I am not longer using, those accounts have not been used for the last 2 or 3 years, however when I am trying to delete them, I got a message as follows:

"An account that is linked to a job history record may not be deleted".  If you give me some advice on how to delete them, that'll be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Super Partner GDK
676 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand
GDK
Super Partner

676Posts

293Kudos

60Solutions

Re: Deleting ledger accounts

Hello @Columbia1

When a job is applied to a transaction an entry is added to the history record for that job. This entry remains even if that transaction is later purged during a financial year roll over. This record remains in the system as long as the job still exists and will prevent the account being deleted. To delete the account the job must first be deleted. If you are unsure which job has the history record create a copy of your file and delete each job in turn, before attempting to delete the account.

If you do not want to delete the job an alternative would be to mark the account as inactive. This will prevent it from appearing in selection lists when entering transactions.

Thanks
Graeme Knox BSc BCom DipCom COP ACA
Business Analyst
Brunton NZ Ltd
Experienced Cover User Columbia1
230 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Columbia1
Experienced Cover User

230Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi,

It would be also good to update job code.  If I delete a job code that has not been used for the last 2 years, please let me how this could affect the accounts.  If MYOB software allows me to delete a job code, is it safer to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,415 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2415Posts

1857Kudos

353Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Columbia1 

Jobs are an optional feature which helps when wanting to report or track specific transactions. You can safely delete Jobs. This will not affect your accounts or any transactions. It will simply mean you can no longer be able to report on this Job as its history will be deleted.

If in doubt, and as good practice, make a backup before making these changes. After making any changes, for your own confidence, check that all is in order by comparing reports or accounts before and after. You will have your backup should you want to go back and "keep" the jobs in the file.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post