Discrepancy between account balance showing in Account list and Find Transactions

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Yan_VMC
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Yan_VMC
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Discrepancy between account balance showing in Account list and Find Transactions

Hi,

I find the Bank balance is diffrent showing in Account list and find transactions after I upgrade the vision from 2017.2 to 2018.1.

I am not sure it is caused by upgradeing. 

4 REPLIES
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Yan_VMC
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Discrepancy between account balance showing in account list and Find Transactions

Hi,

I find my bank balance figure is diffrent between account list and find transactoin on the same date.

I only upgrade my vision from 2017.2 to 2018.1. 

Before I upgrade, the balance was same for last month, but this month the bank balance is different showing, and the balance which is showing in find transactio is corrent and same with my bank account.

Please help me to fix it。Thanks so much!

Yan

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,261 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4261Posts

3029Kudos

674Solutions

Re: Discrepancy between account balance showing in Account list and Find Transactions

@Yan_VMC

Those are two unusual places to look for your account balance. For a given date the Bank register would be where I would be looking. The balance on the account list is undated and will include any future dated transactions. The Find Transactions screen default is a from date to today's date. The last date in MYOB 31/12/9998 and you may like to look in your Find Transactions using today's date to this last date to see if there is anything causing the disparity between the the two figures.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Yan_VMC
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Discrepancy between account balance showing in Account list and Find Transactions

Hi Ron,

I understand your explaining. I am sure this is not problem by date. For example, my MYOB last record date is 31/5/9998, so I think if I use date: 31/12/9998 to look the balance, it should be same balance. I don't have any record or transaction after 31/5/9998.  That is why I don't understand there is discrepancy.

So I still think it is may caused by upgrading. Could you help me for further investgation.

Thanks a lot.

Yan

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,846 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1846Posts

1470Kudos

284Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Yan_VMC

There may be a corruption in your file, AccountRight Live has been known to partially generate 2 identical transactions instead of one and this can cause what you are describing. I suggest you generate a Balance Sheet as at the end of the next financial year. Check if Net Assets is equal to Equity. If not - there is a corruption and you will need to contact MYOB to get it fixed.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post