Double-up Deposits from bank feed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MikaelaB
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Double-up Deposits from bank feed

Hello,

I am assisting a business with account right and we were having some issues reconciling the account.

The girl who usaully handles the reconciliation always uses the bank feed to match transactions and recieve money.

Upon trying to reconcile the accont, the bank feed was cleared, but the account was out of balance.

It took me a while to find the problem and upon looking at the transactions including in the reconciliation, I realised that some deposits were not matched to the statement. (when you click into them the little warning that they were matched did not come up).

The deposits had the same description as the bank statement and somehow there were a few transactions with two deposits to one transaction which is why there were oustanding deposits. Once I deleted the double up deposits it was fine.

My issue is, how are these double ups occuring? 

The deposits should only be generating when she is recieving money against the bank statement transaction so should not be in there twice?

I hope this makes sense to someone.... 

1 REPLY 1
Tokage0116
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Double-up Deposits from bank feed

Hi @MikaelaB 

The instance usually occurs when you undo a transaction just like the deposit. After the transaction in the bank feed was undoed and subsequently was matched again it will result to a double up. So the best way to avoid this instance is to delete the transaction rather than undoing it and match it with a new transaction than subsequently matching after it was undoed.

I hope this make sense..

Best Regards,

Tokage

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post