Downloading the correct version for Laptop

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
tomoz
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Downloading the correct version for Laptop

I need to download Myob / full installer for my laptop.  I have been using the software on my pc for many years and looking up the details under Help/About is says "Account Right Plus AU 2022.7.0, Build 7058

I was a bit surprised as I thought we had Premier, looking at the comparison page, I can't even tell what the difference between Premier and Plus would be

Logging in online via browser and then checking my Account, the My products page says I don't have a product?

Before downloading a wrong version and then messing up my entries, could someone please clarify how I can make sure I get the correct installer.

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Downloading the correct version for Laptop

Hi @tomoz 

It's the same software for AccountRight Plus and Premier v2022.7, so please feel free to download and install the latest version from our website - https://www.myob.com/au/support/download-accountright

An AccountRight company file would appear to be Plus file or a Premier file based on its serial number and data entered. the main difference between Premier and Plus is multi-currency. I've found a serial number (last 4 digits 9034) based on your forum email address, this is an AccountRight Premier serial number. Please open the company file in question, go to Setup > Company Information to make sure that's the serial number shown there. If so, please then use Help > Change product > select Premier, it will confirm the company file then update the product level accordingly.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

tomoz
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CloverQ,

thank you for your help. 

Looking at the info in the software following your path, the current product shows up as AccountRightPlus. 

At the moment on my pc the program does everything I need, what would change if I change this to AccountRightPremier. We do not use multi-currency.  The reason for the download is to continue working overseas when travelling but I am time poor, so don't want to make changes now that will force me to learn new procedures. 

If Premier is the better/more sophisticated product, I would prefer to make the switch later when I get back from the trip.  I note that your link actually only downloads one specific file - no choice required?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @tomoz 

The link I provided offers the download of the latest version of AccountRight software, it's same installer for AccountRight Plus/Premier so does not matter which product level you are on. We also have this software download page which offers downloads of older versions if needed.

If the company file being on Plus level gives you all the functions you need, then there's no pressing need to update the product level. If get prompted with file confirmation failure, then please do use Help > Change product to Premier to complete the confirmation process. The change is quite simple, you don't need to make any changes to the software or how you access the file after the change. Here is a Help page on this process which will provide you with more details - Changing your AccountRight product.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Clover, thanks again. I downloaded and installed and everything is fine. I appreciate your help. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post