Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Effect of Inactivating a Card on Sales & Purchases Register Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Dale_RQM
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Effect of Inactivating a Card on Sales & Purchases Register Reports

Hi All

I've just noticed (accidentally) that making a Customer or Supplier card inactive removes their transactions from the Sales or Purchases Register Report.  Googling the issues seems to confirm that to be the case.

I thought that it removed the card from selection only - not the applicable transactions from the certain reports.  I'm not sure why that would be a desired outcome?

I run both Register Reports at EOM, selecting the FROM date back to July 1st to ensure that the report captures any subsequent changes or transactions that may have been processed since the report was previously run.  I then overwrite the YTD figures in my Excel Report to ensure my numbers for the year are completely up-to-date.

Inactivating a card is now - as I've just found out - removing transactions and ruining the integrity of the reports.

I find both register reports extremely useful for exporting to Excel.  Can an option be included in future releases to include transactions from inactive cards?

Thanks

Dale

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,099 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31099Posts

3931Kudos

4528Solutions

Re: Effect of Inactivating a Card on Sales & Purchases Register Reports

Hi @Dale_RQM

My understanding is, and testing in my AccountRight 2017.2 does indicate, that despite making the card inactive the transactions should appear in the Sales Register Detail [All Sales] report (provided they meet other report filters i.e. date, sale status...)

Attachment.PNG

With that being said you can go to the Customers Refinement filter and select the option to 'Show Inactive Customers' then tick the relevant cards to include them in the reports. You would need to ensure that you select Run Report after making changes.

Note: the same is true in my testing with inactivate supplier cards and the Purchase Register Detail (All Purchases) report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Thanks muchly for your response.

We're using AccountRight Premier 19.14 (need to upgrade!) and I can't see anywhere in the settings (whether across the system or report specific) to include inactive accounts, or the Customer Refinement Filter might be found.

Dale

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,099 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31099Posts

3931Kudos

4528Solutions

Hi @Dale_RQM

In terms of AccountRight Classic, inactivating a record such as a card, should remove that from the Select to Lists however data for that card should still appear in the selected reports such as the Sales Register [All Sales] report (assuming filters are set correctly)

For example in the below screenshot the inactivate customer card of 'A-Z Stationery Supplies' appears in the Sales Register [All Sales] report: 

Attachment.PNG

Note: Customers...filter is set to be 'All' i.e. no changes made. If you are selecting a list of customers (excluding a card) or adding an additional filter to the card selection then inactive card's transaction will not appear.

As the report is designed to show inactive cards, assuming no changes to the customer filters then the card transactions will appear. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Dale_RQM
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Steven

I decided to reactivate the cards, re-run the reports, inactivate the cards and re-run the reports again.  The transactions definitely appeared this time.

Dunno, but I'm happy that the reports are inclusive of that information.

Appreciating your feedback on this matter.

Kind regards

Dale

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post