Australia
Ray-163529
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Email and 2FA issues

Ok, I have a tricky one for you. I work for a small family business. The wife, who has all of the MYOB stuff registered to her email address, passed away. The husband does not have a smart phone, so the Authenticator stuff is on mine. I want to change the 2FA code set up so that they are emailed to him. Our company file, however, is registered in her email address. What happens if and when I leave the company? My employer is somewhat aged, and upgrading to a smart phone is not going to happen. He doesn't even read text messages, for goodness sake. Can I set up 2FA to be emailed to HIS email address, rather than that of his dearly departed wife? Or is there some other work around that I can implement? Currently, when MYOB asks for the 2FA code, he has to call me even if it's a weekend, and I often don't have my phone with me. This is frustrating for everyone. I have printed out the list of backup codes for him as a temporary fix. If I no longer work here, however, how can he manage this awkward issue?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,417 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11417Posts

1304Kudos

1606Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Email and 2FA issues

Hi @Ray-163529 

In terms of 2FA methods, we do offer two different options. These are app based and email based methods, so theoretically the 2FA emails could be sent to his email address.

For 2FA emails to be sent to his email address, to allow him to access the file, his email address would need to be invited to use the file. This is done by going to Setup >> User Access >> Manage online access, which bring you to a window to be able to invite that user to the company file.

Once invited to the online file, he would then be able to setup 2FA on that account to receive the authentication codes by email, which would be separate to that of his late wife

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Ray-163529
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Ray-163529
Experienced Cover User