Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

Hi,

We have started using Account Right as of July 1, 2021. We use a thrid party software for patient billings and over the last 6 months have been working on the import files to import this data into MYOB. While testing we intermitantly got the share violation error in the subject. 

This morning I have tried to import the data for the 1/7/2021 - 6/7/2021 and repeatedly get this error, and each time there is a different number of transactions that are skipped. We are using the server edition V2021.3 Build # 2021.3.24.4119, and I log onto MYOB from my PC connecting to the server. Below are the steps I have taken this morning to trouble shoot this, FYI prior to commencing this I took a back up and in between each unsucessful import I have restored that backup. Other things to note is that all my staff that use MYOB are not at work today so I am the only user accessing the software. All backups happen over night.

1) Tried the import, got the above error with 9 records skipped

2) Turned off the antivirus software on ther server, and from my PC retried the import, 6 records were skipped

3) Spoke to IT, there is a server snapshot that takes place on the hour every hour, from my PC retried import when this was not running - 7 records skipped

4) Use a remote connection to the MYOB server to log onto account right and try import again, 5 records were skipped

I have seen other posts that indicate that this error is as a result of other programs accessing the MYOB files, but not sure what else to try

Subsiquent to this we restarted the server and then tried the import again, this time it was sucessful ,however we can't be restarting the server everytime we want to import a file

Thanks

Karen

14 REPLIES 14
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

Hi @KarenP1 

Apologies for the delay in response.

If you've ensured no third-party program is scanning the file, it would be worthwhile turning off the AccountRight library service temporarily, running the import while it's disabled, and then turning it back on. Some users were able to get around this situation by disabling library service as explained in this post: File Sharing violation

If you're unsure on how to disable the AccountRight library service, I'd recommend seeking IT assistance. That said, please note that this error is generally environmental based and would require further IT troubleshooting if doesn't get fixed using this test. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

Hi Komal

Unfortunately my IT person is basically refering the problem back to you so I have to trouble shoot this myself.

I will try turning off the AccountRight Library Service over the coming days to see if it resolves the issue, however since the issue is intermittant I am not convinced that this is the problem as I assume the library service is running at all times

Thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KarenP1 

It would be worth testing as we can then eliminate that as the possible cause of interference. Let me know how you go on with that. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Will do

thanks

KP

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal, I have been testing this over recent weeks doing the following:

- All users logged off MYOB

- I log onto the MYOB server and stop the AccountRight Library Services

- From the server I import the batch files

- Once done, I restart the Library Services

Since doing this I have not had a single error message and all batches have imported successfully. So a couple of questions

1) Is there an issue importing batches while other staff are using the system ? FYI there are only 3 users here 

2) What does the Library service do ?

thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KarenP1 

Yes, there can be issues if multiple users are working on the file while data is being imported. This is because the existing transactions might conflict with the import data which is one of the main reasons for this error. Regarding your second question, the AccountRight Library service is a Windows service installed with AccountRight.  AccountRight uses this service to access and open your company files.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal

Based on my testing it would appear that the Library services are the likely cause of the error, are there any plans on your end to trouble shoot / investigate this issue further as I see that I am not the only site with this issue ?

Thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @KarenP1 

This has been passed on to the development team who will investigate this further. We will post an update once we have further information. 

Feel free to post should you have further suggestions or queries. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

lasan123
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

We are also experiencing this issue.

This is happening with the API reads/writes as well, even when no one is using Myob application. I've logged this in the past, but the errors have become more frequent with the latest update. 

Cheers,

Lasa.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post