Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

Hi @lasan123 

Can you please try the following and confirm if the issue still occurs:

• Is your antivirus program scanning the file at the time of importing?
  • Do you have an automated backup program running?
  • Does disabling the AccountRight Library service allow the file to be imported?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lasan123
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error 0: Unexpected import error - There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file.

Hi Komal,

The antivirus software does not scan the myob folders and the backups only run every 4 hours.

We usually experence the this issue with the API service. However, It is also happening during the timesheet imports.  I haven't tried disabling the library service as the main concern is around the issues caused by the API calls.

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal

No our antivirus is not scanning the file at the time of import

Yes we do have automated backups running but I avoid doing imports at the same time

Yes disabling AccountRight Library service does allow the file to be imported. I have been turing off the library service since I logged this and have not had a single error message all the time that I have been doing this

Hope this info helps

thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KarenP1  thanks for that, I've noted your comments and had passed them on to the team.

@lasan123  Can you please try turning off the library service as a troubleshooting step to check if the timesheet import works fine with that? If the issue is caused during API calls as well or primarily during API calls, we would recommend creating a ticket with our API support team on our developer center, so it can be investigated further by the team. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lasan123
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

I spoke to a support person yesterday and he recommended using the MSI version of the software rather than the server edition. It is a lightweight version of the software  and doesn't include the library service. We have a large data file and that could be the reason for the timeouts/ file sharing violation errors.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post