Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Domcar
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

Hi there

I have recently purchased a business that has been unit MYOB for 11yrs

We exported his myob file, created a new fresh file for my company and imported the data.

The issue was the 3900 inventory items came across with no qty on hand or dollar value forvalue on hand

After spending ages on the phone with support staff I was told I can not import these fields so I spent half the day manually entering the stock qty via the count stock window.

I have been having a play with importing and exporting inventory adjustments

It seems that I can import stock values via this method.

If I import them 1 at a time it works, but when I try and import multiple qtys I get this error

I have zero value for all of my stock items now and most of them have a positive qty on hand.

I have attached a sample of the txt file I am trying to import which gives me this error.

I would be so grateful if someone can let me know why I am getting this error so I can import the 3800 lines without having to do this manually line at a time.

The file INADJ.TXT imports fine with no errors

INADJ66.TXT gives the error as per the log

Thanks in advance

richard

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

Hi @Domcar , I wonder if the result would be different if the multi-line file had the same column layout as the single-line file?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Domcar
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply

Tried it with the same format get the same error Smiley Sad

I would have spent several hours mucking around with it now, I hope MYOB support can shed some light?

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Domcar 

Thanks for your post.

After testing with your examples I was able to replicate your error. 

AccountRight will flag this error when you are attempting to enter a journal adjustment with zero$ Amount Quantity and Unit cost.  By contrast if these fields have a non-zero amount it should allow this entry. 

The conflict is that it is an inventory adjustment that has no adjustment made.  While you can EXPORT these from AccountRight, it does not allow you to IMPORT these void entries.  You can test this by creating a zero adjustment and exporting that entry, and attempt to import it.

ZERO EXAMPLE.png

Removing these entries (see file attached) I was able to successfully import the data.  Note that you may need to have qty on hand first, or you will throw a different error.

If this has helped understand the issue better kindly consider marking this post as a solution to help others that may be looking for answers.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Domcar
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Andrew, you are amazing this worked

I spent literally days on this and couldnt figure it out

Thanks!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post